Blu Ray Problems. (Correct home for thread?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thea-masta
    • Feb 2009

Blu Ray Problems. (Correct home for thread?)

Hey all, im gunna keep this short and sweet.

I recently brought a Blu-Ray DvD Player (Samsung BD-P1600) to go with my 5.1 Blu-Ray Ready HT system (Onkyo HT-R538) And i set it all up, Plugged the HD cable from Dvd player to my HT system, then plugged the player into the mains, THATS IT! I powered on my System which also powered on the dvd player, everything came on screen and was functioning ok. I opened the tray, closed it, then powered it off. I then powered it on again a couple of hours later and the DVD player just sits there saying 'load' or 'open', the tray wont eject and no buttons have any function except 'power'. Ive tried resetting but had no luck and left it unplugged from the mains for an hour, but STILL no luck.

Can anyone else think of whats wrong? Or is it a faulty player?

Many thanks, Jon.
    _________
    Jon. opcorn:
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

It's brand new and you just hooked it up and that happened? Sounds like you got a lemon. Or the tray is stuck, which shouldn't happen on a new player either.

I suggest taking it back and getting another. Make these companies pay for building their stuff cheaply in China.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Like Kevin said, take the thing back. You may want to consider another brand, too, as Samsung Blu-ray players don't have a very good reputation.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Get a Sony Playstation and you will have a killer Blu ray machine and much...much more!!. Also, whatever you get, make sure it is connected to the internet one way or another. This is very important for firmware updates which are critical for BD technology.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"