Blu Ray Problems. (Correct home for thread?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Thea-masta
    Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 77

    #1

    Blu Ray Problems. (Correct home for thread?)

    Hey all, im gunna keep this short and sweet.

    I recently brought a Blu-Ray DvD Player (Samsung BD-P1600) to go with my 5.1 Blu-Ray Ready HT system (Onkyo HT-R538) And i set it all up, Plugged the HD cable from Dvd player to my HT system, then plugged the player into the mains, THATS IT! I powered on my System which also powered on the dvd player, everything came on screen and was functioning ok. I opened the tray, closed it, then powered it off. I then powered it on again a couple of hours later and the DVD player just sits there saying 'load' or 'open', the tray wont eject and no buttons have any function except 'power'. Ive tried resetting but had no luck and left it unplugged from the mains for an hour, but STILL no luck.

    Can anyone else think of whats wrong? Or is it a faulty player?

    Many thanks, Jon.
    _________
    Jon. opcorn:
  • Kevin P
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 10812

    #2
    It's brand new and you just hooked it up and that happened? Sounds like you got a lemon. Or the tray is stuck, which shouldn't happen on a new player either.

    I suggest taking it back and getting another. Make these companies pay for building their stuff cheaply in China.

    Comment

    • George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001
      • 7636

      #3
      Like Kevin said, take the thing back. You may want to consider another brand, too, as Samsung Blu-ray players don't have a very good reputation.
      My Homepage!

      Comment

      • madmac
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 3122

        #4
        Get a Sony Playstation and you will have a killer Blu ray machine and much...much more!!. Also, whatever you get, make sure it is connected to the internet one way or another. This is very important for firmware updates which are critical for BD technology.
        Dan Madden :T

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • selfilm
          Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray Player BDP-05FD - Blu-Ray side worth Fixing?
          by selfilm
          Hello Everyone,
          I have a Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD Blu Ray player and the Blu-Ray portion of it is not working. It still plays audio CDs and regular DVDs. The reason why I love this machine is that it has RCA audio outs for my system so I know I am getting the best possible audio (meaning I don't...
          13 January 2018, 05:46 Saturday
        • Kevin P
          Help me choose a new univ. DVD player
          by Kevin P
          As most of you know by now, my house burned down and my entire home theater was destroyed. Although we won't be moving back in for 4-6 months, I'm scoping out DVD players mainly because if I choose the Denon DVD-2900 I need to decide soon.

          Anyway, to give an idea of what I'm looking...
          07 February 2005, 18:25 Monday
        • wettou
          Sony BDP-1700ES
          by wettou
          Sony Intros the BDP-S1700ES Blu-ray Player


          The Sony BDP-S1700ES Blu-ray player has joined a trio of new A/V receivers announced by Sony this week. The three receivers are a part of the new ES, or...
          26 July 2010, 18:14 Monday
        • BKSinAZ
          Connect bluray player question. Need Help please.
          by BKSinAZ
          I am wondering if from my blu-ray player, connect the HDMI directly to the television..... or thru the receiver that I am ONLY using as a preamp then out from the receiver to the television?

          My setup is Rotel RMB 1095 Amp, Pioneer Elite SC-37 as a preamp only, pioneer elite fd-23 bluray...
          15 July 2019, 20:08 Monday
        • rangeles
          BluRay and RSP1098
          by rangeles
          Hello All.

          With the HD format war over, I am looking to purchasing a Blu-Ray player. With advent of Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD, will I have the ablity to play these formats with my 1098? Will the decoders work via digital connection or will I have to take the analog pre-outs of the player...
          03 September 2008, 12:27 Wednesday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"