I have the following 5.1 setup:
    YAMAHA YHT-390BL 5.1

I followed some guys settings for certain options,
    - all the speakers are set to small
    - the sub volume is set at 4 out of 10
    - the Ohms is at 6
    - the cross-over is set to 110Hz

Now my questions are:

I have the surround speakers 5 feet from the listening position and the front speakers are 11 feet away.

When I adjust the surround speaker settings on the amp to be at 9 feet even though they are at 5, then I get better surround sound in my opinion. When I set it at 5 feet then the sound syncs with the front speakers which takes away the impact of having the sound separated for the surround effect.

Am I missing something or is it suppose to feel at sync with the other speakers?

The other question is that my amp has an option for LFE Settings for Speakers and Headphones which is separate from any sub settings or sub LFE settings. The Speaker LFE settings let me adjust from 0 to -20.
    When I set it to -20 then the system gives me a richer sound experience. The sound comes across softer or cleaner while the bass gains a more theatrical vibe to it.

My questions are, what is this Speaker LFE setting? Is setting it to -20, too much? Can it hurt the speakers?

It seems to work good with my sub that's set at 4 out of 10.

Thanks
    Last edited by Guru64; 27 December 2010, 01:50 Monday.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"