Using a BFD with Level autocal is a problem..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

Using a BFD with Level autocal is a problem..

I just realized a few weeks ago when I changed my subs out to an IB that every time I recalibrated the levels I am messing up the BFD input level. I had long forgot about the input gain on the BFD and never really correlated the fact that the sub level and the reference LFE levels set in the Halo memory are the same. Both Level settings (Sub Level and Master LFE) affect the input levels on the Behringer, and unless you hold the IN/OUT button for a few seconds (until it starts flashing) then you cant see the input level saturation.

Just a tip or reminder for those who like me, forgot that every time I messed with those settings I need to go back and re set the BFD input level, which brings me to another point. You can’t use your sub/LFE level settings to calibrate the subs level relative to you other speakers when you use a BFD, you must use the output of the sub amp to set the relative level. So Autocal or any fiddling with the adjustment for LFE level is a no-no with the BFD after the input has been set.
    Last edited by Kingdaddy; 02 May 2005, 09:24 Monday.
    My Center Channel Project
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yeah, as a basic principle, I'd have to say that to fully calibrate and tune a subwoofer with Halo and a BFD, the order has to be auto-cal or manual level set with the BFD turned off (or straight pass through) and THEN BFD calibration. If you want to change the sub setting on the Halo or on the subwoofer itself, you'd then have to start over with the BFD turned off and then do the BFD cal all over again.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kingdaddy
      • Jan 2004

I think the "Comprehensive Setup Guide" even mentions to use your amp output gain to adjust the subwoofer instead of the "Sub +/-".
      My Center Channel Project

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"