Wiring 2 different set of speakers with different ohm's??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thea-masta
    • Feb 2009

Wiring 2 different set of speakers with different ohm's??

Ok, so i was reading through some articles about matching speaker ohms to amp ohms and come across some quite frightening facts..the question im going to ask is, How do i connect 2 8ohm speakers and 2 4ohm speakers to a 4 channel amp?
    on the back of the amp its says ' CAUTION each speakers impendance is 8ohms at A+B position' i know i can have either speakers A or B on but does it change the impendance or something and will it damage my amp if not wired correctly?

sorry i having trouble putting this into words as its quite confusing.

If anybody can help me i would be much appreciated, and if you need any pictures just let me know.
    _________
    Jon. opcorn:
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Duplicate thread....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"