X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Processor

Hey all, I am possibly in the market for a processor. I'd like to find a good one to pair with my Emotiva XPA-5 amp. That said it'd be awesome to get one with balanced outputs. My only other concern is that it have enough assignable inputs (that are renameable) to accomodate my insane amount of sources. Those are:

Cable (HDMI)
    Oppo BD player (HDMI)
    Xbox 360 (HDMI)
    Computer (HDMI)
    Possible PS3 (HDMI)
    Wii (Component + Stereo)
    Nintendo 64 (Composite + Stereo)
    Super NES (Composite + Stereo)
    NES + Atari 2600 (Composite + Stereo... RF to TV and back)

So in all, 5 HDMI, and 4 Composite. Cost will matter but I'd like to hear of all the ones that do have balanced outputs. I realize it will be cheaper to go without them... I just haven't kept up with the stuff in a while and want to know what's out there. I am hearing of "3D pass through" and HDMI 1.4 specs and all kinds of stuff... I was waiting for the Emotiva UMC-1 but from the looks of it the thing is chock full of issues and I'm steering clear of it.
    -Chuck
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Marantz AV8003 is the only one I can speak for. Marantz had problems with HDMI handshakes, but now it seems I have no problems at all with my SR7002.
    The AV8003 has balanced outputs, but only HDMI inputs though.
    However, they are suppose to be releasing the new AV7005. Aside from more HDMI inputs (and more experience with HDMI handshaking), for you I would say the biggest advantage would be the Anchor Bay chipset that will handle the upscaling.

And I agree with the Emotiva comment. I already tried out the UMC-1. I ended up returning it.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the reply... I just now saw it. Guess I'll just have to keep waitin!
      -Chuck

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by impala454
        Hey all, I am possibly in the market for a processor. I'd like to find a good one to pair with my Emotiva XPA-5 amp. That said it'd be awesome to get one with balanced outputs. My only other concern is that it have enough assignable inputs (that are renameable) to accomodate my insane amount of sources. Those are:

Cable (HDMI)
        Oppo BD player (HDMI)
        Xbox 360 (HDMI)
        Computer (HDMI)
        Possible PS3 (HDMI)
        Wii (Component + Stereo)
        Nintendo 64 (Composite + Stereo)
        Super NES (Composite + Stereo)
        NES + Atari 2600 (Composite + Stereo... RF to TV and back)

So in all, 5 HDMI, and 4 Composite. Cost will matter but I'd like to hear of all the ones that do have balanced outputs. I realize it will be cheaper to go without them... I just haven't kept up with the stuff in a while and want to know what's out there. I am hearing of "3D pass through" and HDMI 1.4 specs and all kinds of stuff... I was waiting for the Emotiva UMC-1 but from the looks of it the thing is chock full of issues and I'm steering clear of it.
        Here's a good starting point: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=940065
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"