X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSUfan
    • May 2004

Putting sub underneath floor of listening area

Hello all! We have recently made some changes to our upstairs living room. I have my dedicated HT room downstairs so this area is just really a place for my son to watch movies (3 years old) and us in addition to tv. We mounted the tv above the fireplace already and I purchased a small klipsch surround sound system to improve the quality of the sound. Nothing great, but the speakers in the LED are really poor due to the brick behind the tv. With that said and understanding I'm not looking to have the "perfect" setup like downstairs where I have rotel gear, energy veritas speakers, etc....

The area below the living room is a basement that is unfinished. I have the sat box, receiver, and other components located here. I was thinking about mounting the sub that came with the system underneath the listening area facing up in between the floor beams. The floor is 5/8" plywood. I'm not looking to cut any holes, but the wife would appreciate if I kept the speakers in the room to a minimum. I'm also not looking for earth shattering bass, but maybe just a little of the lower stuff to pass thru. Anyone ever experiment with this? I was thinking a simple mount. It has rubber feet. I was going to purchase a few rubber bungee cords and some eyehooks and secure it that way.

Any suggestions on other ideas are welcome. I must admit though, I purchased the denon-590 and the ht-500 speakers and it seems to be a great value. The whole kit for $425 open box at the local BB.

Thanks,
    Shane
  • hifijeepster
    • May 2009

Take a look at the infinite baffle subs. It will do you just fine.

This is the best place to find the info for it.

Comment

• shame302
      • Apr 2008

I would probably sooner install some shakers in the sofa or something but yeah, you are probably a candidate for an IB.
      Psudo HTPC, Nuforce AVP 16, Emotiva XPA 5, Statements mains and center, Dayton in wall rears, Twin Tempest X 7CUFT sealed, and very cool and understanding wife!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"