X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Emotiva UMC-1

Well I know it's been a long journey! But the UMC-1 is finally coming!!

Here is the email that went out earlier today.

October 28, 2009

Dear Friend,

You are receiving this email to confirm your status as a member of our UMC-1 preorder list.

The UMC-1 is now in full production. It will begin shipping in late November, and we plan to satisfy our preorder list in an efficient and timely manner.

To confirm your wish to purchase a UMC-1 or be removed from the list, p lease got to: "link removed for privacy purposes" and fill out the form within the next 48 hours.

If you choose to remain on the list, you will receive an email confirmation.

Many thanks,
    Emotiva Audio Corporation
    So it looks like the announcement we've been waiting for has finally arrived! Now on to the XMC-1 which they originally were saying ~6 months after the completion of the UMC.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

So does that mean you've got one on pre-order, Dougie?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Yeah I've been on the pre-order list for some time. If I end up having the money when they call then I'll go ahead and order one. Otherwise I'll just wait until they have them in stock.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

If you get it, make sure you write up a full review!!!!
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• maseline_98
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
          If you get it, make sure you write up a full review!!!!
          Please do. I was never on the pre-order list, but am I on the pre-order for xmc-1. If the price of the xmc-1 is more than $999, I will probably go with the umc-1. Supposedly, they will sound sonically the same, but the xmc-1 will have a better DAC(I think). I don't own a nice harmony remote, so I was hoping the umc/xmc would have a really nice one, but from the pictures, it doesn't appear to be that way...

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
          Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well the XMC is supposed to have a better analog stage and possibly better dacs, where it will make up the extra value is features though like 2 zone audio and video capable of playing to completely different sources.

Comment

• audioqueso
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Yeah, I'm buying one asap cause I want to finish up my tv rack (XPA-5 and Marantz don't both fit). But I'll be buying the XMC-1 as soon as that comes out cause I do need a headphone and phono jack. I hope it looks better though. I don't really like the way the UMC-1 looks.
              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

From what I hear it looks a lot better in person. The first couple pics they put out it looked horrible but I've seen some good shots now. They really aren't about flashy designs it's all about performance.

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dougie085
                  From what I hear it looks a lot better in person. The first couple pics they put out it looked horrible but I've seen some good shots now. They really aren't about flashy designs it's all about performance.
                  I don't think it looks flashy. I'm not saying that. I mean like the design, the buttons... they're kinda weird looking to me. But it could be the fact that most of my AV equipment has a very clean look. It may be the fact that I'm not use to seeing this many buttons... vividly.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Well...it only has 7 buttons and a knob excluding the power button. Most AVR's have much more but I'm sure there are some out there with less I suppose.

Comment

• maseline_98
                      • Apr 2005

I rather like the way it looks. Granted it doesn't look anywhere near as pretty as the Marantz AV8003, but at a quarter of the price...I can deal...plus it matches my xpa-5 :T

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                      Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

I know, but that's why I wrote vividly. Mirror buttons contrasting black aluminum. My HTPC has one power button. My gold/champagne Marantz SR7002 has one power button visible. Had the buttons been black to match, or the facepaint silver, I think it would look nicer. Just my taste.

I wanted the AV8003, but they never made it in gold/champagne or silver (and other things). I don't want black matted equipment. Guess I'll have to do something to the Emotiva products. ha ha

Comment

• JustinGN
                          • May 2009

I really dig the UMC-1 design, but I'm holding out for the XMC to make its debut. When it does, I'll probably snap up a XMC/XPA-5 combo, and move the Marantz to the Bedroom or PC Gaming room for surround sound duties there. I'll have to wait and see on it.

Comment

• Hdale85
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

Well I'm going to be selling the UMC-1 and upgrading to the XMC-1 when it comes out. And then when the next model up comes out I may do the same.

Comment

• audioqueso
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dougie085
                              Well I'm going to be selling the UMC-1 and upgrading to the XMC-1 when it comes out. And then when the next model up comes out I may do the same.
                              Same here. As much as I love the love of my gold Marantz, I want to hurry up and move the it out.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2006

I'm hoping their high end model has full 12.4 surround support as when I build my theater I think I'm going to go all out and do 12.4 channel in wall NatP's.

Comment

• littlesaint
                                  • Jul 2007

The first UMC-1 has been received in Twinsburg, OH. The wait is finally over.
                                  Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• WesL
                                    • Jul 2009

I just got my "you are now on the pre-order list" email today. Looks like a few months more wait. Have the UPA-5 sitting waiting for a processor. Great deal on that amp and with the included cables during the pre-order sale. Can't wait to retire my sony receiver I got back in 99. Still works great but no HDMI, just toslink and so called 5x100 watts. Gonna get relegated to the bedroom or as a garage stereo when that puppy is finally in my dirty little grasp.
                                    Anger...hostility towards the opposition

Comment

• legion1capone
                                      • Oct 2008

Can't wait for the reviews.

Comment

• littlesaint
                                        • Jul 2007

Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"