Surround speakers don't need a lot of bass output?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoDestiny
    • Jan 2009

Surround speakers don't need a lot of bass output?

Hey gang! Im trying to design everything, I realize the center and FL/FR will be playing plenty of low end, but what about the surrounds? I have not owned a nice enough surround sound to experience anything where the rears require heavy low end extension (like 60-120Hz range).

Any thoughts on this?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Well there are more and more movies including LFE in the surrounds as well as the rest of the speakers. But it's not an absolute must. If you are going to cross all your speakers to a sub at 80hz then design the speakers that way.

Comment

• NoDestiny
      • Jan 2009

Basically, I am debating porting the boxes to the 4 surrounds, simply... a sealed box would be smaller and easier to work with. The front 3 will be ported. Xover point will likely be 60Hz... WinISD says I should get an F3 of 42Hzish on the ported and 69Hzish on the sealed. Just debating on if its worth porting the rears really.

Comment

• kgveteran
        • Oct 2005

Pefect solution . These puppies rock. Can't find a single flaw !!!!
        Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"