Satellite Speakers and a receiver for $1K budget.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

Satellite Speakers and a receiver for $1K budget.

My buddy asked me to take a look and find him some speakers and a receiver for around $1K. Any suggestions? I know he wants at least 3 HDMI inputs and prefers that he be able to output all the inputs through HDMI. I told him that I didn't know if he could accomplish something like that for the price point. My suggestion was the Onkyo 606.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Sep 2007

check out axiom, svs, elemental designs, av123 for starters.
    Sharp LC-42D64U
    TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• JustinGN
      • May 2009

I believe Denon still offers a few bundles including one of their AVRs and a 5.1 set of Boston Acoustics Speakers. I recommended a set to my friend for his apartment, and he's fallen in love with them outright; he also got his setup for under a grand as well, so you may want to research those and see if they're good for your friend.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

You can also try Orb speakers, I recommend them for anyone on a budget.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• maseline_98
          • Apr 2005

After looking at the size of his room, I figured that he needed something a little 'bigger' than satallites. I pointed him to the Polk Monitor 60s(fronts), CS2(center), Monitor 40s(rears). Newegg has them on sale for $537/ea shipped. Dayton SUB-120 for $155 from partexpress. I personally never owned anything from polk(other than car audio), but they seem to get 'okay' reviews.

I also suggested the Denon AV1610. It's only 5.1, but I told him 7.1 wouldn't be in his budget(as he would still need to buy 2 more speakers) and he doesn't really need it anyway(isn't going bluray for awhile he said).

The whole thing came out to be about $1100 w/cables.

Any substitutions that yinz(you guys...sorry, i'm from the burgh) would make. rating 1-10 for a starter system given budget.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
          Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"