X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2channellover
    • Jan 2009

HK870 left channel out - worth fixing?

This amp rocked when I bought it...drove my B&W M804 far better than my A/V receiver rated at the same WPC.

I want to give it to my son, power my rears, or use it in a 2 channel system, but it'll cost roughly $200 to fix. Is this throwing good money after bad for such an old power amp?

Thanks.
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

IMO its worth fixing but by a DIYer whose cost will be less. Its a nice old amp but $200 is a lot when you could add a few more dollars and buy something else on the used market like a Denon POA 1500 or Kenwood Basic M2/M2A (which at 220WPC is double the power of the HK), and sell the HK as a fixer-upper. At least you will get something for it.

Comment

• 2channellover
      • Jan 2009

Thanks Glen,

So what I gather is the amp is worth fixing (i.e. will perform well when fixed) for the right price, and $200 is too much of a premium.

Don't know any local DIY types, so I'll look into selling it as a fixer-upper, and apply funds gained towards a new amp.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"