X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bikedave
    • Aug 2007

RX-V1000 Receiver Problem

I picked up a used RX-V1000 recently. I was looking for a new receiver that had at least 5.1 preouts, a little more headroom than I had previously had, and the capability to safely drive down below 8ohms. This Yammy really seemed to fit the bill. Unfortunately it took a bit of a bump in transit. So, when I turned it on for the first time and hooked up my 8-ohm Tritrix MTMs to it, it shut down when it got to -55db. I was quite dismayed, and per the manual, checked that all my speaker wire connections were not crossed or shorted. Everything looked good, so as a check I tried hooking up to the "B" main speaker outputs. They worked great, as did the center and rear surrounds. Watched Wall-E last night, nice and loud and it sounded great... but I still want my "A" mains. Any ideas or similar circumstances?
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Most likely, when transported, something came loose and is shorting out inside the unit. Only way to know is to open it up and look around. You might be out of luck and have to just continue with the B posts to use it. The A and B serve no real difference than to sets of posts for passive bi-amping or connecting two different sets of speakers (like in another room that you only play with music).
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"