X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Hartford
    • Jul 2003

Monster Mess

A couple nights ago was putting my Monster HTS5000 into a new console (Standout Designs- love it, truly first class piece) but the wire holes were not large enough for the big cable. So I took it off and reattached it. Did it at 3 AM without really paying attention and one wire is a 90% guess as to which clip. The other two are fine. Can't find a schematic anywhere on the monster site. Can't even find a reflective interior pic with the same setup. This is the world class help I got from them. They SUCK.

I did speak with Monster CS and have never dealt with more useless nitwits in my life. I spoke with one person and he said, those schematics "may not even exist, but we could not release them." Mind you, this is not the Manhatten Project. Nor am I trying to "steal" their outdated design. I just want a stupid diagram to show were on these two side by side clips my neutral (blue) power wire goes. Next guy up says, "you have violated any warranty by opening the case. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact me?" Wow, further assistance? I told him I don't give a rat's ass about the warranty, just tell me what friggin' pin this goes on. Or show me a schematic, or a photo. Now they are concerned about their liability as I must sound like I accept packages from strangers at the airport and may try to do this will standing in a pool of water. Like many of you, I have rewired amps/pre-amps, done fairly sophisticated home theater work. And am in a highly technically procedurally oriented field. I can put a clip on! If I had not been doing two other things at 3 AM and paying more attention I would not be asking them anything. After a blistering retort, they ask me to call for an RA#. Great idea. Send it back for them to connect the wire to the clip so when I get it back, I have to take it apart again to make the cable fit through the component cabinet. Now that is really high echelon thought. They suck. I suck for forgetting which clip, but they suck way more. Have two of these units and will never do business again with a company whose products are overpriced, and does not offer even the simplest resolution. In summary, MONSTER CABLE customer service SUCKS!. I would never buy anything from them again, as their prices are absurdly inflated. They do not offer even the slightest bit of help. Hope people see what a half assed company they are. When times are hard, you court customers, especially longstanding ones. You don't crap on them. Monster is a crapper. Do yourself a favor, never buy their products. There are at least 2-3 companies that do what they do at much better prices.
    Last edited by ThomasW; 25 November 2008, 12:48 Tuesday.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Nothing I ever read about Monster ever susprises me.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Let me get this straight, you're mad at Monster because you messed up and they won't bail you out?

FWIW very few companies will provide schematics since they're considered IP. And again very few companies will provide wiring info due to liability issues. All this is SOP.

Since you say you have two of these devices the problem should be easily solved, unless you tore apart both units...

Now I'm not friend of Monster, but in this case they aren't at fault.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ThomasW
        Let me get this straight, you're mad at Monster because you messed up and they won't bail you out?

FWIW very few companies will provide schematics since they're considered IP. And again very few companies will provide wiring info due to liability issues. All this is SOP.

Since you say you have two of these devices the problem should be easily solved, unless you tore apart both units...

Now I'm not friend of Monster, but in this case they aren't at fault.

:yesnod:
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"