X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

New Emotiva Webcast

They posted up a new webcast outlining details on their new Processor, the UMC-1. They also talk about their new subwoofers (really neat sounding USB connected EQ controls) and new CD player, as well as a whole line of accessories & cables. From the sounds of it it they've got some great new stuff on the way. Listen here: http://emotiva.com/webcast/webcast.html
    -Chuck
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

That CD player sounds awesome! Even if your using an external DAC I think it would make an amazing transport. The PSU is all completely shielded off, the control board for the loading mechanism is all on a completely different circuit and everything. Sounds like you won't get much interference from anything. And then they sell it for 399! I was like WHOA because they were originally saying 500-600. I may have to pick one up just as a nice solid transport.

On other news the UMC-1 is now going to have 5 HDMI inputs instead of the original 4 they said. They dropped the VGA input for this. The Torino video processor sounds like its going to be a very nice piece. The Cirrus Logic DSP's sound amazingly nice as well. For 699 or even 999 or whatever the final price ends up being sounds like a smokin deal that's for sure. I know they said they are going to honor the 699 initial price but they said later it may go up a bit because it ended up costing more then they expected because they kept upgrading parts and what not.

The subwoofers sound awesome as well I agree! I'd love to get one of the 1200 watt amps with the room correction.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

They're making me want new toys!! :evil: :lol:

They're also easily becoming my "go to" company for recommended equipment.
      Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Yeah they sure have a lot to offer at a very low price for what your getting. I'm still waiting for specs on the XMC-1 but I think I'll probably just go with the UMC-1. The XMC-1 will have balanced outputs and I would like that but I really don't need it. I'm going to get to hear my XPA-3 for the first time today lol. Taking it over to Wkhanna's we're having a little get together.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Let us know what you think!!

After listening to those podcasts...the owner might want to watch himself. The young woman (Beth I think?) could be launching a sexual harassment suit any day now :lol:
          Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

The young woman is his wife and co owner

The XPA-3 sounded AWESOME! And tons and tons of low end punch.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Aaah well alright then :lol:
              Jason

Comment

• Alaric
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

I'm hoping to do some testing of Emotiva gear after tax time. Should be fun! My only worry is , the descriptions of the Emotiva amps make it sound like a totally different animal than my current amp. I like the warm sound of my 'lil Marantz. If it sounds too 'solid-state' I may be disappointed. Is 30 days enough time to evaluate an amp ? (feel free to chime in , Dougie!)
                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                Schiit Modi 3
                Marantz CD5005
                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

I think it is. I guess warmth is all in the eye of the beholder. Which one are you considering trying out? They say the MPS-2 is much better musically then the XPA series but I have a hard time believing there is that big of a difference. I think there are small differences between different quality amps. I would suggest trying the XPA-2 and if that doesn't do it for you then you could give the MPS a try. I think they will do a 2 channel one? Not sure as it is all modules that are interchangeable might want to give them a try. I'd say 30 days should be more then enough time. The XPA has tons of power and authority. It's very transparent in my mind. I feel your getting sound from just the music and not so much hearing the amp which is how I think it should be.

Comment

• Alaric
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006

I'm currently looking at the XPA-2 and the RSP-1 , as my current set-up is an integrated.
                    I'm not sure "warm" is the best description-the music has 'body' and depth . The air around the instruments hums with the striking of a note. I listen to a lot of music I've heard live , and that's what I compare it to.
                    Also , I get about 12 hours listening time per month-if I work at it very hard.
                    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                    Schiit Modi 3
                    Marantz CD5005
                    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Hmm well might want to try harder to get in some extra listening time while you have them. What do you currently use?

Comment

• maseline_98
                        • Apr 2005

Beth sounds really hot...lol

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                        Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• impala454
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2007

Looks like they posted the full specs on the new UMC-1 processor today:
                          Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.

I'm on the pre-order list for sure . May still get the XMC-1 when it comes out, but definitely getting this one.
                          -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

Yeah I'm waiting for the XMC specs as I'm still wondering if the UMC has multiple LFE outputs and what not.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"