A New alternative to Budget Seperates: Hello AV123!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

A New alternative to Budget Seperates: Hello AV123!

Full specs not out yet but here is what we know:

They are calling it Emo Ultra Lite.

Processor has a Room EQ and a built in 25x2 powered zone for multiroom.

Amp they are offering:
    125x6 or 5x125 and 60x2(ala old Rotel or Adcom). Then on top of that you have the 25x2 powered zone for multiroom in the pre. Amp is 70 lbs.

Price $1298 for BOTH total. This is not a typo and Not EACH. $1300 for the combo. You can buy them seperately as well. Pre is $699 and the amp is $599
    Emotiva Ultra Lite!
    10/27/2004
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recently announced by Mark is the new Emotiva Ultra Lite Combo! The LMC-1 is a 7.1 Surround Sound Processor/Pre-Amp and the LPA-1 is a configurable 7 channel amplifier. The details are scarce at the moment but here is what has been released:

3 sets of Component In's... with dynamite switching etc.

Cirrus's best chip set... the works... I bought 5000 systems (and I'm not kidding about that number)... for a "15 month" first year.

Multiple digi in's with coax and optical to boot (4 total as I recall)...

The look... the feel... not like anything anyone has seen in this price category... Just beautifully finished all the way...

Does is have 8 channel in (for SACD / Multi Channel Music)... H E double toothpicks... YES, for sure...

Does it have a SPECTACULAR "Alps" AM/FM Tuner section... You betcha...

NO cheap-a** Power Supply either... HUGE Torriod doing the chores...

OSD (yes... on S-Video and Composite)

Does it have remote I/R in's and outs... YEP. We have it all under the hood..

Amp Specs:

6 X 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms

or...

5 X 125 and 2 X 60 watts also all into 8 ohms...

BTW... his Brother the Processor has a 2nd. Zone 2 X 25 watts already built in... PERFECT for those new arrivals, the OD-100 Rocket Outdoor speakers...
    the "little" EMO UL amp has over 1.6kVA of Torroid Stack (Power Transformer) and it weighs in NET without shipping cartons at about 70 lbs. It's a BRUTIS...

More info will be posted as it's released!

The Emotiva Ultra-Lite combo is due in 2005 at $1298. The units can be purchased seperately...the LMC-1 is $699 and the LPA-1 is $599
    All of this is due March. Preorders going on now. Supposedly it will be at the CES show. I guess it's time for me to forget about buying a reciever this upgrade....

Please note I'm don't own any AV123 products(yet). I just thought this was quite a deal for the enthusiasts.
  • TrungD1020
    • Aug 2004

How come they are not on the main website? The price is very good, but I wonder about the quality.

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

Trung,
      It's on preorder and the specs are only premature(not official). They should be showing a working version at CES and it comes out in March.

Quality should be good given AV123 but wonders never cease.

I sincerely believe this is going to be a player in the market and will steal alot of the 1k receiver sales. Given the addition of an auto eq and PLIIX, It should be good. About the only thing I can see it lacking is firewire and that is expecting alot out of a $700 pre/pro.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"