X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

No OSD with Denon 3808

The other day my OSD stopped working. Its odd because all of my video is routed through the 3808 (mix of HDMI and component) and all sources are working fine. I use an HDMI cable for video to TV and checked all connections. Since everything is working fine and the OSD was working recently I am not sure what it could be. Any ideas?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Did you change anything?

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Dougie085
      Did you change anything?

Didnt change anything, just stopped working however I did have a problem with my cable box when this started happening. But that is working fine now as is the HDMI chain for audio and video.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Can you test if the OSD still works out of Component?

Comment

• Pez
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Dougie085
          Can you test if the OSD still works out of Component?
          Good idea, will try that today.

Comment

• chrisc
            • Aug 2008

Pez . What kind of speakers are you using for mains on the 3808. I have the same receiver with Paradigm studio 100's and they ROCK! I like all types of music (jazz, rock, country, metal) well almost everyt type. I dont like blues and i cant stand rap.

Comment

• Pez
              • May 2004

Originally posted by chrisc
              Pez . What kind of speakers are you using for mains on the 3808. I have the same receiver with Paradigm studio 100's and they ROCK! I like all types of music (jazz, rock, country, metal) well almost everyt type. I dont like blues and i cant stand rap.
              I have Monitor Audio RS6's with matching center and surrounds. For a small tower that doest break the bank they are awesome.

Comment

• Blindamood
                • Sep 2003

Hey Pez, try doing a hard reset of the 3808 (using the small Power button on the front). I read on another forum of a guy trying this and it fixed his issue.
                Brad

Comment

• Pez
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Blindamood
                  Hey Pez, try doing a hard reset of the 3808 (using the small Power button on the front). I read on another forum of a guy trying this and it fixed his issue.
                  Thanks, that never occured to me. Easier than trying to see if it works with component cables since I dont have in use and hooking up a set would be a real PITA.

Comment

• Pez
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Blindamood
                    That did the trick - THANKS!!! :T

I was worried it would have to go in for repairs.

Comment

• Blindamood
                      • Sep 2003

Good to hear!
                      Brad

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"