X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisc
    • Aug 2008

How 2 hook up 2 HDMi TVs w/ Denon 3808/ Sat. box

Hi. Trying to hook up a satellite box with only one hdmi input to 2 tvs that both have hdmi inputs. The sat. receiver is in the living room with my big tv and i want to split the Sat. box to the Bedroom tv which also has an hdmi input. I also have a Denon 3808 stereo receiver that has 4 HDMI inputs and a monitor HDMI input. What is the best/easiest way to do this? I know they sell HDMI splitters (such as this one: http://www.abccables.com/90-2522.html) so I could put the splitter into the Sat. box HDMI input then have 2 cables coming off it going to each TV. What sucks is I need a long hdmi cable going to the bedroom tv (about 30 ft.) from my living room.

Or could I use the monitor input somehow? I don't care about sound on the bedroom tv. I just want HDMI. And I don't want to have to turn the stereo receiver on to watch the bedroom tv.

Also, and i know this is a lot. I want to be able to watch my big tv in the Liv. room without turning on the stereo unless I am watching a movie or concert that I want to go through the stereo receiver.Thanks a LOT!
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Looks like both your sat receiver and a/v receiver only have one output so I guess you're stuck having to use the splitter like you showed. I'm not sure what effects it would have on signal quality. For $20, can't hurt to try it...
    Danish

Comment

• chrisc
      • Aug 2008

Now let me see if I can answer this myself and tell me if I'm wrong. the splitter from the link (web site)goes into the sat. box Hdmi port. one cable from it goes to the bedroom tv. the other goes to an input on the stereo receiver. And the big tv has a cable going from one of its hdmi inputs to the monitor on the stereo.

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

You got it...
        Danish

Comment

• chrisc
          • Aug 2008

Guess I dont have it. It didnt work.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"