X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

Blown speakers, but not all the way

So this is the story.I run Audessey and forget to check the settings (this is not the first time I've run Audessey).Stupid me.

My mains and center are set to large and 40hz XO.

I throw in WOTW and play the dts track and proceed to play it at reference level until my center channel amp (an Outlaw M-200) shuts down.

I check the main LCR for problems using TrueRta and it looks like I kinda fried the tweeter and kinda fried the woofers in the center speaker !!

Million dollar question.....the tweeter still works but looks like like the output is diminished quite abit.The woofers still work, but the same thing, the output is quite diminished.I'll do a swap of drivers tomorrow (the main L&R measure fine).Midrange seems about equal to the L&R.

Second million dollar question. Is there a chance I damaged the XO and not the drivers ?

BTW the mains I use are three RS WTMW centers.

:M KG :M
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

Swapped out the RS28a tweeter and the response looks good.Well, the tweeter is blown, thats easy.

Swapped out the woofers and the dip is still there.Seems the drivers are fine but something in the 225's XO is shot.Could I fry a 100microfarad cap ? Would that cause the dip in the drivers response if the cap went bad ?

Help,help Kg
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"