X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

where can I get cheap HD-DVDs?

It just doesn't seem as though the price for these has dropped as much as I would have thought(or I just don't know where to look)....I would have figured by this point they would have been about $3/movie, but they still seem to be around $9+...that's just crazy for a dead format...

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Sep 2004

inetvideo.com or .ca (depending on whether you're in Canada or the US) has a number of HD DVDs starting at 5.99$ (though shipping charges can make that average 7-8$ depending on how many you order). Unfortunately, their selection is not as good (or as cheap--I picked up about 5 for 3.99 each) as it was about a month or two ago, when I picked up about 25 titles. But if your collection is not almost complete, there are still some bargains to be had.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I agree, HD-DVD prices are still way overinflated. I haven't found good sales either.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

well, 3.00 a movie may be a dream. They are stll valid movies for those that still have the format in their system. I've seen about 10-11 when I see them, which isn't to often, but I have not looked much online either.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• maseline_98
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Ovation
          inetvideo.com or .ca (depending on whether you're in Canada or the US) has a number of HD DVDs starting at 5.99$ (though shipping charges can make that average 7-8$ depending on how many you order). Unfortunately, their selection is not as good (or as cheap--I picked up about 5 for 3.99 each) as it was about a month or two ago, when I picked up about 25 titles. But if your collection is not almost complete, there are still some bargains to be had.
          Well....My collection isn't complete at all(since I don't own any), but my DVD player is really starting to skip these days(and it's really annoying :M ) so I was going to pick up a player for ~30 or so and decided I might as well pick up a few HD-DVDs while I was at it...there are only a few movies that I actually want(i.e. transformers, matrix(just the first one), big lebowski, ect)...I'm going to be getting a Blu-ray player at some point, but for the price, it just isn't worth it yet for features I need(i.e. DTS MA HD and trueHD via 5.1/7.1 analog outputs). Speaking of...where the h3ll is that s550 that sony has been promising us? Release was supposed to be august(is it not august yet???)

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
          Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• littlesaint
            • Jul 2007

$10 sounds about right actually. That's cheaper than most DVDs, and if your player works it's certainly not a "dead format" to you. If the content is the same as the BD release $10 is a bargain.
            Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• chanlon
              • Sep 2003

Various Walmart stores in Canada have been re-stocking assorted Warner titles and selling them for $5 each. I just bought a HD-DVD player for that reason. As a matter of fact, I purchased over 70 recently from Walmart in Eastern Canada. A real steal of a deal!

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

oh yeah? I'll have to check my local Wally World and see if Alaska's playing that game too.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"