X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Help picking new processor?

Ok now I'm going to be purchasing an amp to but I've pretty much narrowed that down to something from Emotiva. The processors I'm looking at the most expensive being the Integra DTC-9.8 at 1300. The cheapest would be a slightly used Sony STR-DA3300ES for 450 shipped. Others I'm looking at are the Sony STR-DA5300ES, the Pioneer VSX-94TXH, and the Denon 3808Ci which is a few hundred more then the Sony or Pioneer. At this point I just don't know what the best option is. I won't be using the internal amps at least not for the mains and center. I like the Integra because it has balanced inputs. The 3300ES is nice and cheap but doesn't have any of the newer features like Auto EQ's and what not and of course I would only be able to use players that decode internall which isn't really a problem as I have a PS3.

Any suggestions would be greatful thanks!
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

So I was leaning towards the Sony 5300ES but then I just start second guessing

Comment

• kgveteran
      • Oct 2005

I've been living with the Denon 3808ci for about three months (as a processor) and feel it is quite capable keeping up with a stand alone processor.I've yet to upgrade to Audyssey Pro w/Dynamic EQ, but everything in time.The plain Audyssey processing is just fantastic.

Not that on-screen menu's are anything to hoot and hoolar over. but it is pretty cool and very straight forward.I used the owners manual once, the rest is very intuitive. Plus $1,137.00 shipped on line.

kg
      Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Yeah thats the price I found as well.... its about 200 more then the others. My issue with it is its one of the more expensive units but its still got roughly the same specs I wish Emotiva's stuff would hurry up but I'm tired of waiting lol. I heard that the Denon was one of the harder units to setup and actually get to all the neat features.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

I think I'm leaning towards the Denon now. It has the network music playback which supports FLAC and all that. Not to mention the Audyssey.

Comment

• stidrvr
            • Sep 2005

Dont forget the Integra DTC-9.9 is coming out soon, in September if I remember. Dealers are telling potential 9.8 customers to wait for the 9.9. Although it will be more expensive, $1800 IIRC. There is a thread right here on HTGuide about the 9.9.

Last edited by Burke Strickland; 28 July 2008, 21:22 Monday. Reason: Changed reference to competing online forum to local thread on same subject

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

What does it have that the 9.8 doesn't?

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

I ended up just getting the DA-3300ES for now. I figure eventually I'll grab one of Emotiva's new pre/pro's so this leaves me reason to upgrade. It'll still take lossless PCM over HDMI so I'm set with that and my PS3.

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Sounds like a good choice. Who knows, after you get it, you may feel there is no need to buy a pre/pro. Hope it works out for you.
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Well it doesn't quite have all the features I want so I'm sure eventually I'll get something else.

Comment

• impala454
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2007

I notice the UPA-7 and XPA-3 are out now... and I just received a rather large last check from the job I quit... hmm....... :twisted:
                      -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

I ordered the XPA-3 last night. Hoping it makes its way here this week :B Although at the moment I am speakerless HAHA! I won't have my new speakers built until like September probably.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"