X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Denon 3808 issue - no audio on Zone 2

Recently picked up a denon 3808 and am having a problem with the audio from digital sources (HDMI) on zone 2. When using the tuner on zone 2 it works fine but when I try something like my cable box or HD-DVD player connected via HDMI I get no audio output on the outdoor speakers. One of the reasons I got the 3808 was its ability to play digital sources in zone 2/3. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the digital connection has to be optical or coax but that doest seem to make a lot of sense to me. I cant find anything in the menu or manual, any ideas?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

The digital connection has to be a Toslink or coax for it to work in the second zone. You cannot get digital audio from HDMI in the second zone.

Eric

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

Bummer - so much for the one cable solution. At least its only one cable and not two but Denon should be more clear about that on thier website.

Thank Eric - was driving me nuts that I couldnt figure it out.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"