X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sphynx_000
    • Jun 2007

laptop sound driver?

I am looking into purchasing either a M-Audio MobilePre USB, or a Sound Blaster external sound card. This will be used for system measurements.

Any recommendations?
  • sphynx_000
    • Jun 2007

I would like to be able to run my laptop from my couch. Meaning I would have a very long cable running to my receiver.

Im not sure how long I will be able to go, but maybe the m-audio preamp would be better suited for the task?

Comment

• littlesaint
      • Jul 2007

You might consider a Firewire PCMCIA card and a Firewire recording device. It seems USB is the lesser technology when it comes to recording due to latency.
      Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• laneza01
        • Feb 2007

I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Notebook sound card and I love it. Optical in and out along with analog. I use it with a 35 foot mini to toslink cable i got off ebay pretty cheap. It provides pretty good sound, DTS, THX, ect. However, it is PCMCIA card.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I also have a 2ZS. Works great.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• whoaru99
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sphynx_000
            I am looking into purchasing either a M-Audio MobilePre USB, or a Sound Blaster external sound card. This will be used for system measurements.

Any recommendations?
            On the reading I've done about REQW, the M-Audio MobilePre seems to be a favorite along with the Behringer ECM8000 mic.
            There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• sphynx_000
              • Jun 2007

I only have a ratshack mic right now. Also the card will be used to play music.

The m-audio is only 16bit dac, vs. a creative 24bit for less money...

I am thinking a creative card would work fine for me?
              Last edited by sphynx_000; 09 September 2007, 17:01 Sunday.

Comment

• sphynx_000
                • Jun 2007

I have seen alot of people praise the mobilePre for speaker measurement.

I plan on doing using the card for system measurements. But my main concern is a quality sound driver for listening to music off the computer. Would the mobilePre still be my best choice???

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"