X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rohanprakash
    • Jun 2007

Home Theatre Connection Woes

I have a Yamaha RX-v659 with a yamaha 6 ohm front speakers and boston accoustics center and wubwoofer (impedence set at 6ohm). This worked fine for month now. I just got a used pair of Infinity Kappa 5.1 Series II speakers and to test them i connected them to my reciever as fronts by removing my connections from the earlier yamaha speakers. I forgot to change the impedence setting on my A/V reciever. I heard one song and the reciever automatically went to standby mode. Now as soon as i turn it on it goes into standby mode in one second. I have removed all connections from the reciever but i can't get it to work.
    :cry:
    What could the problem be? Also can i connect the infinity Kappa as my fronts and the yamaha 6 ohm speakers as my rear? it would be mixing of impedences since i think the kappa is an 8 ohm speaker. Please help i'm really panicked here.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The impedance switch on the Yamaha is more for heat issues then ability. Something else has happened to your receiver and I doubt the speakers were the problem.

Most problems I've had with Yamaha pieces show the same thing, an immediate shut-down. If the speakers were an issue, the next time you turned it on it would have auto-muted and showed 'CHECK SP WIRES' on the front and it would work fine with none connected.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"