X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Txgrizzly
    • Jun 2009

questions about speaker impedence and LFE outputs on my reciever

guys,
    i bought the Denon AVR 1909 and have a couple of questions.

1. There is only one LFE output on the back to connect up a powered sub and was wondering if this could be split in two without adversly affecting that signal? i am looking at building a Sonotube sub to hit the real lows in a HT setup and would like tro keep using my existing velodyne that is tuned a little higher in the LF range at the same time.

2. the impedence rating on the Surround (6-12ohms) and Surround back (12-16ohms) is concerning me. i am building surround speakers (RS150MT rated at 8ohms due to the woofer being 8ohm) that look like they will work for the surround channels but not the surround back. what will the impact be to my amp/speakers if i build the same type of speakers for the surround back that i am building for the surrounds?

thanks for looking guys.
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

There's no problem with using an RCA splitter to run two cables to the subs.

8 ohm speakers will work fine with your receiver. You just need to have enough sense to not turn it up so loud that it stresses the amp but there's usually very little sound coming out of the surround backs anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• fjhuerta
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2006

Using two different subwoofers at the same time may not be a good idea. Phase cancellation issues may negate any advantages. I'd keep the Sonotube, unless the Velodyne is one of the fancy servo-controlled units (and in that case, it could be that a DIY unit may not be any better!).
      Javier Huerta

Comment

• Txgrizzly
        • Jun 2009

Thanks Javier, i will look into it...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"