X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ratshole1946
    • Mar 2007

hi def hookup

new at this. hope i'm in the right place. hooked hi def dtv reciever to infocus 4805. but don't get picture, just sound. anyone have advice. thanks
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

First, I'd make sure that your projector is on the correct input. PJ's can easily be switched to the wrong input.

2nd, any high-def components can easily be put to the wrong output resolution or plug, which means that you're either sending a signal to the projector that it can't display, or you're sending a video signal out over a plug that you don't even have connected. For example, if you connect your projector using composite cable, but set the output resolution to 720p, you won't get anything, because 720p can't go over composite.

You may want to check the back panel of your receiver, too. My DirecTV receiver has a switch on the back to switch it between DVI or component.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"