• greenhorn
    • Feb 2007

Its the same old story

Same old song and dance, my friend
    Its the same old story
    Same old story
    Same old song and dance

New Reciever or PreAmp and Amp $1500 to $3000

Denon 2807 - Sounds pretty good, to many bells and whistles, freakin worst manual. I could go no just based on the manual, really poor, don't know how they could include that *#@!!% thing. Overall device not as friendly as could be.

Arcam AVR300 "B model" - Never really got to listen to it, basically out of box failure with OSD system.

Rotel 1057 - Have heard it a few times at store. Sounds pretty good but is there better out there? Add a 2 channel for fronts and CD listening?

Local shop has a used Rotel RSP-976 for $550 and add 5 channel Rotel RMB-1075 for $1500 total?

NAD T163/T973 demo combo for $2600?

Other?

Looking for 2channel and 5.1

Scalable if \ as needed.

HDMI not that important. I like to run sound to the reciever and video to the TV.

Not a lot of bells and whistles, need good strong basic functionality.

Don't know enough about the products and functionality for used, but would consider if something strong came up or specific recomendations.

Fronts Speakers Open \TBD.

Hope to be pounding the pavement on this later in the week for some more critical listening. It's all a blur at this point 8O
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

Outlaw Audio.Look for used pieces on Ebay or Audiogon.If you want to spend more buy it new.I picked up three M-200 mono 200watt amps for 600.00 used.They rock.You can try a 950 preamp (no bells, only two whistles).I've seen MY 990 for 875 used.

They are a ID company with great customer service and wonderful products.

Good luck KG
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• Martyn
      • Feb 2006

Arcam AVR350 is very nice - quality without gimmicks.

Comment

• Miroku
        • Jul 2004

I second the Arcam. I dont know what happened with the avr300 you tried, but you should try another one, or the 350. Its an incredible product.

Comment

• greenhorn
          • Feb 2007

I Ended Up With....

I found an ad on Videogon\Audiogon that was local to me, so I thought I would check it out. I ended up buying used, but basically unused........

Anthem AVM 20 Pre-Amp and Anthem PVA 70 Amp

I was not sure what kind of difference to expect against what I was hearing from the Denon 2807? The difference was significant. I'm really excited about doing the final tweeking and setup, the sound is incredible.

I'm still a bit nervious with buying used, but I have a couple days to make sure it all functions correct.

System so far is -

Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" Plasma
          Anthem AVM 20 Pre-Amp
          Anthem PVA 70 Amp
          B&W CM-1 Fronts (Will Eventually Go To Rears)

Yamaha 5 Tray CD Player (8 Years Old - To Be EventuallyReplaced)
          Samsung DVD Player (3 Years Old - To Eventually Be Replaced)
          Polk Audio Sub-Center-Rears (8 Years Old - To Eventually Be Replaced)

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"