X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s57
    • Jan 2007

Music AMP and AV AMP - Help

I intend to buy a Yamaha RX-V2700 to watch movie. However, I also like listening to pure music from CD. In this case, I will need another better AMP for the music. Can someone advise how I can connect these two amp together as I only want them to share the same pair of front speakers. Someone suggest I need a AMP with Pre-out. I dont understand it. Please help.

My idea to is get the B&W 804s and HTM3 plus a subwoofer and a pair of surround speakers.

Appreciate your help.

Steve
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

What you are looking to do can be accomplished in two ways. Some 2-channel preamps have a feature called a home theater pass thru, for use in conjunction with a separate surround processor. The preamp main outputs feed two amplifier channels powering the main right and left speakers. The front right and left outputs of the processor are fed to surround inputs of the preamp. When in HT mode, the front right and left signals from the processor are routed (passed thru) to the preamp main outputs. In 2-channel mode the signal from your CD player of other stereo source is fed to the preamp main outputs.

Alternately, you can configure your setup as I have done, to use my HT system for secondary 2-channel listening. My multichannel receiver has pre-outs for all channels. I feed the front right and left preouts to a separate 2-channel amplifier which powers the main speakers. For 2-channel listening I just select the 2-channel mode on the receiver so that only the main channels are in use.
    Last edited by Glen B; 17 January 2007, 15:27 Wednesday.

Comment

• s57
      • Jan 2007

AV Amp and Music Amp

Many thanks.

In that case, I will need to turn on both AMPs when watch DVD. Will there be any compatability problem with different price levels of AMPs.

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

No. Amplifier price level does not matter.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"