• Show
Clear All
  • nick.h
    • Jan 2006

Comments: Energy C Series

Hi Everyone,

Whats your comments on the following:

C-C100 Energy Centre Speaker (Single)
    C-300 Energy Compact Floorstanding Speaker (Pair)
    C-500 Energy Floorstanding Speaker (Pair)
    S10.3 Energy 10" Subwoofer (Single)

For HT and Music.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I've got the older (made in Canada) C9's, C5's and CC3 centre speaker and I've been VERY happy with thim for both music and movies. Great and full bass/mid with nice clean, airy extension from the tweets without biting.
    Jason

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I nearly went with the C series (C5 mains, C3 surrounds, CC3 centre) and while I liked their high frequency sound, my wife found them too harsh so I suggest a serious audition (but that's what I suggest for any speaker prior to purchase).

It is a known physiological fact that women are more sensitive to high frequency sounds than men (partly innate, partly because, in the aggregate, women don't engage in hearing-damaging activities--work or "play" related--as frequently as men) so if a significant female other is going to be listening a fair bit, I would recommend letting them audition speakers as well.

Comment

• bleeding ears
        • Nov 2004

The current C series are the bottom of the line I believe, apart from perhaps smaller satelites.

I have not heard the C series, but I know Energy manufacture these and the Reference connoisseur series in China.

What kind of other components will you be using and are you into home theatre only or music (cd's) also?

For cd listening you may find the higher ranges better, but of course they are more expensive.

Ebay Oz has a C-C1 centre (older Connoisseur range) listed right now for $330, and it may still be under warranty. If you could pickup the older Connoisseur range on ebay I think you may do better,and could save yourself some $, they are pretty much the same specs etc as the current Reference Connoisseur range, except they were made in Canada not China.

If possible let your ears decide.

PS are they Australian made Aaron speakers I see on your avatar?

Pete

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"