X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

wireless HT transmission...

I'm attempting to build a new bar in my den, but I'm trying to bridge my living room HT to my bar(meaning, whatever I have playing, music-->iPod via my xbox 360), I want to be able to control it in my den.

I found this product:
    AUDIOVOX LF30S Leapfrog at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...MP=OTC-B1zrat3

It seems like a pretty inexpensive solution and I can still control my iPod via my wireless xbox360 controller.

In my den, I have a HK AVS630-->have not yet pick any speakers for it yet(any suggestions?...room is 15x13x7.5 and I'm just looking for a stereo setup) The room is not that far from my living and is connected through my kitchen...

Also, I was wondering if there were any hdtv wireless boxes like the one I mentioned?

Should I forget about the wireless connection and just run the A/V cables from one room to another? I didn't want to do that because I would have to drill holes in my floors and would have to spend a good bit of money on the cables(would probably need 100+ feet).

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Mar 2003

Maseline 98,

My main conern would be interference from other wireless products on the same frequency. Hardwire is usually a better solution, if at all possible, in my humble opinion, since this seems to be a permanent location. Just my quick thoughts.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

What type of budget did you have in mind for this project?
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Arneson
        • Jan 2006

I've been trying to operate as many wireless devices as possible.
        In a few years the FCC will open up the TV bandwidth for better new stuff.
        At the moment however, zeke is right, the interference is bad, running the wires would be better.
        Jim

Comment

• maseline_98
          • Apr 2005

Well...where can I get inexpensive cables? i would imagine that 100' of component/rca cables would be pretty pricey(not that I need top of the line stuff for that room or anything)...

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
          Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by maseline_98
            Well...where can I get inexpensive cables? i would imagine that 100' of component/rca cables would be pretty pricey(not that I need top of the line stuff for that room or anything)...
            I'm in the same boat on running signal cables to my projector. I'm going to use RG-6 for the component signals going through the attic. Terminations will be F-connectors, but the wall plate will be female F-conn to female RCA.

You can buy 1000' of RG-6 for about $80 at PartsExpress. The connectors aren't much, I'm probably going to buy a compression kit which is a bit more money.

The only cable that is going to cost me is HDMI.
            Danish

Comment

• sirbogey
              • Mar 2006

Maseline 98, I wanted to have a wireless HT myself, but after purchasing wireless headphones from Sennheiser, I changed my mind in a day. The interference is really bad. I got WiFi installed in the condo and I believe that's what's causing the problem.

On another note, I've read yesterday that this July Marantz introduced a wireless HT system for up to 6 rooms with Dollby Surround. Apparently the system has no interference at all 'cause the data is being transfered through your electric outlets. You might wanna look into it.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"