X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brente
    • Feb 2007

Help with AR Wireless speakers to Rotel RSX-1055

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to make these AW871 wireless speakers work with my Rotel 1055.

Ideally I'd like them to work for every source/cd, dvd, ipod, etc... but currently the only way I can make these work for me on this Rotel is to plug the left and right jacks directly into my CD (the cd is connected to the rotel through an optical connection so these two are open) and then I can hear my cd player all over the house. Works great.

But now I've bought an ipod. I would much rather have this same set-up with it. But cannot figure out anyway to do it. I have the ipod connected to the Rotel via the Onkyo docking station. I thought I could just plug the AR jacks into video one and change it's input to IPOD (video 5) but that didn't work.. now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks !
    Brent
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Any analog output on the 1055 has to have an analog input to work. So any source connected digitally will also have to have a stereo set of RCA's.

You can use the record outputs or zone outputs.

Kevin D.

Comment

• brente
      • Feb 2007

thank you Kevin. I'm not sure I understand exactly, but I think I do. I'm going to try plugging into the record/tape and mess with the settings on that and see what happens. The zone information in the manual is very limited and so far, it seems over my head.
      Thanks
      b

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"