X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

Cool iPhone/iPod Touch App for your HTPC

I recently saw this and thought it was pretty cool...though I haven't tried it because my iPod Touch doesn't have the lastest firmware:

App Here

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Jul 2007

I tried it. It works well, but the version I tried didn't provide any method of securing the connection so in theory anyone with an iPhone/iTouch within range can control your computer.

I use Air Mouse. Not free, but well worth it's cost if you need this functionality.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Doesn't it use your wireless network to control it? If this is the case then as long as you have your network secured you should be ok. I use a remote app for XBMC and it works nicely although not really like a mouse.

Comment

• littlesaint
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Dougie085
        Doesn't it use your wireless network to control it? If this is the case then as long as you have your network secured you should be ok. I use a remote app for XBMC and it works nicely although not really like a mouse.
        At home, sure, but I have a laptop and use Air Mouse for presentations at my job. The Logitech software would be a risk in that regard.
        Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"