X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny_Jo
    • Oct 2006

Yamaha RX-V 4600 discontinued

I bought almost a year ago the first Yamaha RX-V 4600 that came to Greece full of happiness. After so short time all by saden as i was searching the official Yamaha site i so this model in the discontinued ones.
    I believe Yamaha company is unacceptable and untrustable and unrelable for this matter. The reason of that move was that Denon 38xx was upscaling from analog video to digital.

I will never buy Yamaha again N E V E R ! ! !
    Hi to A L L !
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Most companies replace models every year or so....I'm not sure what the problem is here....? :scratchhead:
    Jason

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Sorry to hear you're bummed, Johnny. You feel that Yamaha is unacceptable for discontinuing your product so quickly, though? I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later--does it being discontinued impact your ability to operate your unit, though?
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

There's always something new coming out, so receiver manufacturers have to bring out new models to stay competitive. I remember when I bought my old Yamaha DSP A3090 5.1 receiver I thought it was future proof, but lo and behold, along comes 6 and/or 7.1. But that old Yammy was too good to sell, so I replaced it in my HT with a Denon and the Yammy plays beautiful music elsewhere in my home. It really doesn't do any good to get mad about these things. It's the nature of the game we philes are playing.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Its nothing new, its a yearly upgrade with many companies
          B&W

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"