X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

pre wiring

I am helping a friend pre-wire and was curious about the 12 volt trigger and IR setup. It sounds like I can run a cat5 for the IR, but I see different systems have different 12 volt input/outputs. Is there a single wire I can use that I can adapt later for the 12 volt? For instance, using the second zone off of a reciever, I would want a 12v for remote. Not sure what system he will be using. RG59 is fine for RCA for the second zone, correct?
    Roly
  • whoaru99
    • Jul 2004

I'd think cat5 would work fine for 12V trigger as well.

And yes, RG-59 is fine for audio signals.
    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Snap
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2005

Speaker wire would work as well. As long as you are only planing on hooking up a 1/8 inch tip and ring connector to it. You will only need 2 conductors.

RG59 is fine. You can use that for your component video as well. Just pull 3 runs if you want from the AV rack to the TV.

ALWAYS pull extra cable! NEVER NEVER wire just the basic. Pull CAT5e and RG6 pull an extra line for each if you can. You will be suprised at how that can save your butt after it is all sheet rocked!

PS: Stay away from 120VAC!
      The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"