X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m1ke323
    • Jun 2006

Powering the RS 3-Way WWMT

I am in the process of building the Dennis's RS WWMT 3-ways and want to buy an amp to power them. I currently have a HK AVR-235 receiver, and I know that won't power them well enough. I have been looking at the Rotel 1080 pretty seriously as well as a few from Aragon and Parasound. I am also considering the behringer 2500, but I hate the idea of a fan.

The RS WWMT 3-Way is a 4-Ohm load, pretty sure. So the Rotel 1080 should be more then enough. I really only wanted to spend $500 on the amp though and I will have a hard time finding the 1080 for that. Any recomendations are appreciated.

From what I am reading, these speakers are very revealing of their source equipment. What do you guys recommend? I don't know the power rating on the speaker, but I assume 200w atts should do them well.

Thanks, Mike
  • poneal

Two channel amp

I just bought one of these and I love it!

Get the guaranteed best price on Live Power Amplifiers like the Yamaha P2500S Dual Channel Power Amp at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

I use my AVR 320 as the pre processor and the difference in the bass department was night and day. The Yamaha had plenty of juice to pump out the music. The fan has never come on since I've been using it. It runs cool, handles 2ohm loads, etc. I use it to drive my TMWW:

Happy hunting.

Paul

Comment

• chasw98
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I bought an Earthquake Cinenova Grande 3 channel to run my WWMT's and the associated Center Channel I am building right now. It has 300 watts X 3.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"