X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harmon808
    • Jun 2006

Using solid core coax for sub cable

I have a newer home that they ran 2 solid core coax cables for the subwoofer. Does this work properly and what connections do I use for termination at either end? TIA for any help
  • Brian
    • May 2004

It will work fine. You can use a RCA connector or an F connector with a F to RCA adapter.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
      • Apr 2006

Will work fine. I use RG6-Quad for most things audio and video. Especially in full-on racks. Its easy, cheap, and works. And its nice to be able to quickly make precise, custom lengths of cable.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I use RG-6 coax cable in-wall for my subwoofer runs. Works fine, I terminate them with RCA connectors from Parts Express. Real easy.

Not sure why you would need two for a single subwoofer, unless you're doing some sort of bi-amp or crossover thing-a-ma-jig. But, with two runs, you could support two subwoofers like I have.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

just go to Rat shack and tell them what you need to do, end of cable discussion and they can sell you f-type connectors and f-type to RCA adapters. F-type are standard coax connectors.

Probably cost you half as much as a completed cable. Or if you don't want to use inferior constructed cables, you could always buy inexpensive sub cables from our sponsor, CAT, but that doesn't help with in wall if that is what you have.

I do not get the feeling like you will know what to do with any RCA stand alone connectors.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"