X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

DVP-CX995V 400 Disc DVD player

Has anyone seen the menu on this player? Basically, I would like to know if you get artwork, or just text, when looking for a movie.

Thanks.
    Greg
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

You only get Text, If you want to use the cover artwork for your selection you can go with a MX3000 remote with this........http://www.triplebsoftware.com/ its really nice to have. :T
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• GregLett
      • May 2005

Thank you very much Robert! Now I know why the stores won't hook it up, text only is not very attractive Now as far as the remote goes, that can be added later? and it will controll the player N/P?
      Greg

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Yes you can add the remote at a later time, it is a Universal remote that you can program to run anything you want, it sends IR and RF signals so it is very versatile. I have two Kenwood DVD changers (I plan to get a third) and it controls them, and everything else with no problems.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• GregLett
          • May 2005

OK thanks.
          Greg

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

I had this player and it was junk.... Seriously It stopped playing DVD's then SACD's then CD's tried getting a replacement through Sony but they pretty much told me sorry about my luck....
            -Joe

Comment

• GregLett
              • May 2005

Originally posted by joetama
              I had this player and it was junk.... Seriously It stopped playing DVD's then SACD's then CD's tried getting a replacement through Sony but they pretty much told me sorry about my luck....
              What if anything are you using for a Mega changer now?
              Greg

Comment

• joetama
                • May 2006

I looked at the Pioneer Elite changer, but it doesn't play DVD-Audio or SACD's (I think). I just went with a single disk player to save from all the headaches.

Also, the menus on the DVP-CX995 menu is really odd, and doesn't make much sense. For example you have to stop the disk you are playing to pic another disk, if you move a disk it doesn't port to the new location, etc etc....

Doesn't seem too bad until you move one disk and have to reenter your entire library....
                -Joe

Comment

• GregLett
                  • May 2005

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the player. The reviews are mixed,
                  I'll see which side I'm on soon enough.
                  Greg

Comment

• joetama
                    • May 2006

Good luck with it.... I hope you have better luck with it than I did.... I may have just got a bad apple....
                    -Joe

Comment

• GregLett
                      • May 2005

Thanks hope so.. One thing it's BIG!!!! boy!
                      Greg

Comment

• GregLett
                        • May 2005

Well so far so good. I've installed it in the coat closet, too big for my stand.
                        I'm using wireless IR extenders to communicate with it. I have it setup
                        to play in my bedroom and LR. My only real complaint is that it's slow,
                        but that's not a big deal. For $300 it's just great, I would have to spend
                        lot's more to get the other nifty features. I would love to get the mx3000
                        but that'll have to wait.
                        Greg

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"