X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

DVD recorder for the world cup

For those of you watching the world cup next month... I'm looking to add a DVD recorder to my HT setup (Rotel receiver and DVD player) to "tape" the games. What recorder do you have and would recommend? price: pretty much indifferent.
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

I guess you wouldn't want the dvr to be the best quality player out there so I guess it'd be the best to pick the one that offer you the format you want most within the price range would do the job. Oh yea the watch and record simultaneously function is definitely on the list while you shop too. It does worth it when you are 10minutes behind the scene but do not want to miss first 10minutes or watch the whole thing after it's over.
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• Alloroc
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by sirbogey
      For those of you watching the world cup next month... I'm looking to add a DVD recorder to my HT setup (Rotel receiver and DVD player) to "tape" the games. What recorder do you have and would recommend? price: pretty much indifferent.
      I'd try get one with a hard disk recorder also included. I have sky+ and I can tell you, it's a must for viewing sports(the disk element)I use it all the time. You'll pick up a decent Tosh, Panny, Philips etc. for around £200.
      Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"