X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

Behringer A500 ???

Any thought on how this sounds.They're 179.00 shipped.My thoughts would be to sell off my B&K ST-140's for these.I would need three for six channels.I need some more juice for my RS center channels.

Only post if you have first hand(ear) impressions
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

They tend to buzz a bit.They do have the power I needed.I'm powering the RS28a/RS225 TM.

As far as sound quality, it is difficult to say at this moment because they are on surround duty.Due to the on wall surround situation I had some little peaks here and there.I smoothed all out with my Ashly PEQ.I like a bit of a dip in the midrange.

For sirround duty you can't beat them.One of these days i'll hook em' up to the mains and give a real review.

KG

Comment

• mike c
      • Dec 2005

I know a couple of people who have 7 A500's bridged for all their channels.

comments were that it beat their existing 200wpc amplifiers.

Comment

• kgveteran
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mike c
        I know a couple of people who have 7 A500's bridged for all their channels.

comments were that it beat their existing 200wpc amplifiers.
        No doubt the power is there.I just wish I could get a handle on the buzzing.Wow, 7 would be some serious power.And at the old price of 179.00 each, 1,250.00 for seven would do the trick.

Comment

• ktaillon
          • Jun 2004

Here's a great review on the A-500

This guy makes a lot of sense to me....

When I opened up the box the A500 came in and saw it for the first time, I said to myself, “This is either the most incredible bargain in the history of audio or a total fraud!”

Comment

• kgveteran
            • Oct 2005

I made a hard copy for my records.I like it.He based everything on measurements and it made sense to him, but not for the cost.Hence, bang for the buck.

I can't wait to try the second amp on the back pair.Thanx for the link

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"