X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Musfather
    • Apr 2006

Confused! Rotel RSX-1057 or Yamaha RX-v2600 with B&Ws

Hey guys, im about to purchase a system.

But I am utterly confused on which reciever to purchase.

I will be using it 70% for HT/movies

Don't know if i should get the Rotel RSX-1057 or the Yamaha RX-V2600. The speaker setup I have is
    Fronts - DM603
    Rear - DM600
    Center - LCR600

Thanks in advance
    Musfather
  • Jraducha
    • Aug 2004

I would recommend the rotel product. go take a listen..you will agree...

Comment

• alpina
      • Nov 2005

having owned a 2600 i would recommend it unreservedly if you intend to do a lot of HT listening.

its an awesome HT receiver with lots of power and connectivity. hdmi upscaling is really cool also. powered 705s easily.

really is an impressive avr with very little competition at its price pt - yet to read a bad review about this amp.

2ch listening is another story and if you were skewed 50/50, id probably suggest the rotel.

as it stands, we are looking at another avr (perhaps another 2600) with a dedicated 2ch preamp with ht pass through.

good luck,

julie
      My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I would also recommend the Rotel piece being a fomer Yami owner. Yami is very good for HT and has more bells and whistles, however it seems that if the other 30% of your listening will be music, then Rotel would be my choice, providing the best of both HT and music. Also the Yami seems to have auto-calibration whereas the Rotel lacks this feature.

One other thing I noticed in the specs, that the HDMI (1.1) for the Yami is only upscaling to 1080i/720p, the Rotel to 1080p, however I did not extensively research this difference (seems rather odd actually). Hope this helps

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

Have you considered other options like the Denon 2807/3806 or the Pioneer Elite line? Both offer the biggest feature that the Rotel lacks which is the Room EQ. The Denon uses the Audyssey and the Elite uses their own MCACC. Yamaha's is ok but the negative is that it won't EQ below 60hz.

Comment

• Musfather
            • Apr 2006

How but the Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi. Does anyone own this product?

Comment

• bleeding ears
              • Nov 2004

I dont like knocking brands as all have their good points and bad,however (here it comes) the yamaha receivers I have read specs on in the past had under test conditions very over rated power supplies.

From memory one of their receivers a few years back rated only about 45 watts per channel with all channels running, when it was rated at around 100 I think.

I cannot say that this is actually the case with the 2600 however I would do my homework on it first. Audioholics website is a good start, they extensively tested a yamaha receiver (2400 I think) and also do a google search on reviews for that receiver.

No receiver has everything, and none are perfect for all uses, however after listening to a Rotel, for me, it is all clear which way to go.

Also Rotel do not over rate their power output. If they say it 100watts per channel then you can be sure it is at least that and usually more.

Thats my view but I suggest you let your ears be the judge

Good luck.

Comment

• bleeding ears
                • Nov 2004

Just checked out the Audioholics website and they have an excellent review on the 2600 and a bench test on the power supplies. They dont quite go as far as quoting a reading for all channels running simultaneously, whereas Rotel does.

Im going back for another look! Hope this helps

Comment

• Martyn
                  • Feb 2006

These are among the various AVRs I've been examining recently (see my thread under Audio Hideout). I still have some work to do on the video side, but as far as the sound goes, the Rotel is superior.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"