X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timmy!
    • Dec 2004

Yamaha rxv1500 speaker setup challenge

OK, so I've got some so-so sony 5.1 system TIAB. Plunked down some cash and got a very nice yamaha rxv1500. It makes the sony's sound really nice. But I'm ready though for the next level. I'm thinking around $1500 a 5.1 system to replace the sony. A friend said to just go get a higher priced TIAB system... which I kinda don't wanna do. I'd like to go with something that would match the yam's performance instead of just getting a quick fix solution. Any Yamaha bufs like to give their opinions of speakers?

I need a pair of fronts, a center, surrounds and a sub. Most viewing is DVD, some sat (soon to be HD), some pooter, some CD. I'd like to stay with wallmount speakers (they fit nicely around my 7' screen) as I've got a smaller room. For the sub, I dunno, as long as it's not an uber sub, size probably won't be an issue.

Timmy!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Timmy, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

One that I've recommended before simply because it sounds excellent for what it costs is the Energy Take 5.1 or Take 5.2 system. They're both under $1500 US and the 5.1 version is well under, so you may want to look a bit further up-stream. But as a good starting/reference point, give them a listen.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• willbrosk
      • Sep 2004

Well just my 2 cents but I am realy enjoying my recent purchase of yamaha 1500 combined with wharfedale evo system. The list would be around 2600, but you can get an entire setup fronts, center, rear surrounds and sub off ebay for 1449. If you like the sound of the B&W 600 series these are very close. The problem here is that these are definitely not small wall mounts.
      Now just so I dont mislead you I dont have a complete wharfedale setup. I use evo 30 center, 2 evo 30s for main, definitive technology bpx for the sides and currently a klipsch sub(soon to be upgraded.)
      Another options would be the definitive technology mythos system. Again the list is way above yor budget, but you can regularily find a complete system on ebay or audiogon for under 1500 and these are very nice for wall mounts.

Comment

• mcwilson
        • Sep 2004

I agree with David. The Energy Take's are great for a smaller room. In your budget, the Take 5.2 can be had with a 10" sub for under $700. I just got the Yammie RX-V1500 and the Take 5.2 with an 8" sub for my son for Xmas (he doesn't know it yet). Am I freakin' Dad of the Year or what?

Anyway, there have been tons of reviews of the Take system and I can never find anything bad written about it.

Good luck with the purchase.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"