X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denun
    • Apr 2006

wich speaker set?

I just bought an integra 10.5 and now i need a very very cheap set of 7.1 speaker (really something chinese, for a little while i can't afford to buy a good speakers, i'll replace them in months).

in my home now i have a 5.1 bose system (acoustymass 10) plus a yamaha active sub, so i was thinking to use that stuff, is it possible?

I mean can i connect the bose satellite directly to the receiver?
    in that case to have a "good" 7.1 system, should i buy:
    - just another 2 bose satellite
    - or perhaps a 2 way central and 1 other bose satellite
    - or 3 speaker (2 way) 1 central + 2 front

pls help me !!!
  • gd
    • Jan 2003

Ditch the Bose... ditch the Yamaha.

CSW has seriously decent entry-level speaker systems at several price points:

greg (gd to you)
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
    production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Denun
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by gd
      Ditch the Bose... ditch the Yamaha.

CSW has seriously decent entry-level speaker systems at several price points:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...egory=speakers
      thx

but when i say that i'm out of money it's really is

i didn't plan to buy this receiver, but was a good deal (i payd under 2000$) i had only 30 hours to decide, so i took it and that's it

now i have this receiver with no speaker, but i can afford only 1/200$ max not more.

Comment

• Vinny
        • Mar 2006

Hmm if it's short on time and budget.........
        Maybe a new pair of main? If you watch a lot of movie I'd recommend get the new center too. Let the preamp to do the matrix sound and let them reproduce on the current speakers that you have and get the surround/back etc later on.
        Pioneer KRP-500M
        Emotiva UMC-1
        Parasound 5125
        Oppo BDP-83
        Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
        SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Buy a couple decent bookshelves for the moment that you can move to surrounds or a secondary system later and just listen in stereo until you can afford to upgrade the whole system No use wasting money on "throw-away" gear IMO.

You're not going to find 5.1 speakers, let alone 7.1 for $200, especially not ones worth listening to. Heck I'd recommend at least $3-$400 on those bookshelves alone!
          Jason

Comment

• Denun
            • Apr 2006

If you watch a lot of movie I'd recommend get the new center too
            i really use it only to see movie.

Buy a couple decent bookshelves for the moment that you can move to surrounds or a secondary system later and just listen in stereo until you can afford to upgrade the whole system
            may need 5-6 months

You're not going to find 5.1 speakers, let alone 7.1 for $200, especially not ones worth listening to
            i know :cry:

Let the preamp to do the matrix sound and let them reproduce on the current speakers that you have and get the surround/back etc later on.
            so basically i have this bose 5.1, i can use it just like on another receiver, but i'd like to use the full potential of integra (also to try it).
            for that reason i asked if is possible in somekind to connect the satellites directly on it (it must have some kind of crossover to cut the low frequency, bose satellite r tweeter) and then add 1 central + 1 another bose satellite.
            If i use the preamp set of the bose i have 5.1 speaker that i don't know how to manage, bcose i can just a central and obtain a 6.1, but a very bad 6.1 bcose bose is made to do 5.1 alone.
            My only chance is to connect bose satellites directly on the receiver, and for that i need to know how to cut the frequency on integra.

Comment

• gd
              • Jan 2003

(I think) I understand that you mostly want to try the Integra's 7.1 capabilities for cheap, by using your Bose and adding a pair of speakers.

You won't find much love for Bose on this forum (or most other audio forums)... one reason is that Bose is a proprietary system... that is, it is either difficult or impossible to mix and match other brands with Bose... the other reason is that the Bose HT speakers are generally of low quality, AND are crossed over very high (200Hz, I think)... that is, virtually no non-Bose receiver is equipped to do any bass management with them -- you'd have to buy an outboard EQ.

The best bet on a low budget is buying 6 of these little guys, again at CSW:

... and use your existing Yamaha sub.

Forget "good" until you can throw about $2000 at speakers that will complement your Integra.
              greg (gd to you)
              Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
              production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Denun
                • Apr 2006

I understand that you mostly want to try the Integra's 7.1 capabilities for cheap, by using your Bose and adding a pair of speakers.
                yep, u got it

You won't find much love for Bose on this forum (or most other audio forums)... one reason is that Bose is a proprietary system... that is, it is either difficult or impossible to mix and match other brands with Bose... the other reason is that the Bose HT speakers are generally of low quality, AND are crossed over very high (200Hz, I think)...
                u'r damn right!!! i realized that only after that i grow up (just a little) on this world. 2-3 years ago i couldn't understand that.

The best bet on a low budget is buying 6 of these little guys, again at CSW:
                thx m8, i'll go for it

Forget "good" until you can throw about $2000
                hehehehe, it's the reason i used " "

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                  • Sep 2001

Depending on how much space you have, Magnepan has some very inexpensive flat panel speakers -- MMG (floor standing) or MMG-W $299/pair (usually wall mounted, but can be put on mounting strip stands for $18 ) that sound amazingly good. They would mate up quite well wth your Integra since it is rated down to 3 ohms and the Maggies are 4 ohm speakers. They offer a matching center that is also $299. These are inexpensive, but they are not "throw away" speakers. Of course, the bigger and more expensive models are "better", but these would still be useful for surround channels or a 2nd zone even when (or if) you decide to move up the speaker "food chain".

Energy makes some small speakers that might fit the bill as well, although it is really tough to beat Cambridge's pricing for box speakers.

Good luck!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Stoney
                    • Dec 2004

Take a trip to your local neighborhood pawn shop to see what is available. Just make sure you test before you buy.
                    Emotiva UPA-700 Amp
                    Emotiva UMC 200 pre/pro
                    B&W DM605 S2 Mains
                    DM602 S2 Surrounds
                    DM601 S2 Rear Surrounds
                    CC6 S2 Center.
                    ASW 1000 Sub

Comment

• brac
                      • Aug 2005

bose blows..................

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"