X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radec
    • Jan 2005

compact satellite speakers

My wife has never been a fan of "large" equipment, so when it came time to finish the basement, we made a deal---I'd get the basement MY way, but all equipment had to be moved downstairs...including the rather large Definitve Technology speakers. Definitely a good deal for me as I got a few extra toys in the deal (I'll post a few pics in the Rotel forum hopefully by next week if you are intersted :T )

Now here's my small problem. I do still listen to music and watch TV upstairs in our Living Room and I still have an older Yamaha RXV740 that I can use so I thought I'd get a smaller sattelite system. Now I have never been a big fan of sattelite speakers and honestly never spent too much time listening or auditioning them. We visited a few stores and every time I found one that I somewhat liked, my wife said they were too big. She wants small, and when I say small I mean SMALL. She pointed at the Bose and said "see, like that small, what about those?". :M

What are my options? HELP!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

No Bose! No Bose! They're horribly overpriced and they seriously underperform.

Look at the Gallo Nucleus Micro line.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Radec
      • Jan 2005

Trust me david, You won't see Bose in my house.

I'll check out your link, any other suggestions?????

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Radec
        My wife has never been a fan of "large" equipment, so when it came time to finish the basement, we made a deal---I'd get the basement MY way, but all equipment had to be moved downstairs...including the rather large Definitve Technology speakers. Definitely a good deal for me as I got a few extra toys in the deal (I'll post a few pics in the Rotel forum hopefully by next week if you are intersted :T )

Now here's my small problem. I do still listen to music and watch TV upstairs in our Living Room and I still have an older Yamaha RXV740 that I can use so I thought I'd get a smaller sattelite system. Now I have never been a big fan of sattelite speakers and honestly never spent too much time listening or auditioning them. We visited a few stores and every time I found one that I somewhat liked, my wife said they were too big. She wants small, and when I say small I mean SMALL. She pointed at the Bose and said "see, like that small, what about those?". :M

What are my options? HELP!
        You allready have def.techs why not continue.Check the def.tech. procinema packages they come different sizes that can be mixed and matched.From the 60's which is an entire package then to the 80's,100's( i had these) to the biggest which is the 200's.They come in black or white and may have some silver ones which is a new color.It's great for ht as well as music.Dont know what your budget is but they are worth considering.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

The Energy Take 5.2 and Encore's have been around for awhile and always review well. I've heard both systems and for the money they're hard to beat both from a price and performance standpoint. The Take's are also barely larger then the Bose cubes so your wife will like them. You might want to upgrade to a larger sub if possible though

Comment

• Radec
            • Jan 2005

HAHA a sub is another sore subject after my SVS arrived. Maybe I won't mention anything about that for now. :rofl:

Comment

• gd
              • Jan 2003

Lookit these...

Gallo: http://www.roundsound.com/main.html

Monitor Audio Radius: http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/produ...dius/index.htm

Have heard both lines, very good sound quality -- especially the MAs... the subs are small, can be hidden behind the couch... better that slight compromise than no sub at all... both these makes come in colors that might soften the WAF.

Additionally, most mfr's make in-walls and on-walls these days.
              greg (gd to you)
              Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
              production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Brandon B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Radec
                My wife has never been a fan of "large" equipment . . .
                I am restraining myself, but admit it. You are deliberately tempting the jokesters among us with this, aren't you?

BB

Comment

• Radec
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Brandon B
                  You are deliberately tempting the jokesters among us with this, aren't you?

BB
                  HAHA! Maybe you are right!

However, she is 8 1/2 months pregnant and reminds me daily that her discomfort is MY fault, so I guess the statement is still true :wink:

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

:roflmao:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Ovation
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

Sat/sub system to consider

Audition any of these, if you can. They'll blow Bose away.

Boston Acoustics sat/sub speaker systems

Comment

• Shane Martin
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Apr 2001

I recently heard the Paradigm Atom and Titan. I think they run around $200 a pair on average. They are certainly not big at all.

Comment

• gianni
                          • Nov 2002

First penny:
                          Very small - wine glass size (3 inches wide), great sound, inexpensive = M&K Xenon LCR 35. Hide a new VX-10 somewhere in the room for good base. This sub or just woofer is tiny. Check out the reviews over at Secrets of HT and HiFi.
                          Do yourself a favor and at least look at these. There are some good specials at M&K's website.

Second penny:
                          Small, awesome sound, pricy = Dynaudio's small monitors.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"