X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edubble
    • Feb 2006

Canare 4S11 vs AudioQuest Type 2 speaker cable

Newbie here,

I am looking to build a home theater, and wanted to know if anyone has personally heard and compared these two cables. I will be auditioning B&W 603 S3, LCR 600, and 602 S3's for surrounds. I will also be auditioning the Monitor Audio RS6 speakers. If anyone has compared these two speaker systems, I would appreciate the input.

Thank you!
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

the canare creats inductance purly by its geometry, that geometry is actualy useless in a high level wire..besides the gauge is way too large for anything in the mid to high frequency range, only good for subwoofer use and debateable at that,
    here it is for cheap anyways though http://www.markertek.com/SearchProdu...ff=0&sort=prod

personaly id get some of the higher end audioquest litz wire
    they are very conciouse of "skin effect" also
    i recomend the "king cobra" composit cables too

cant go wrong with audio quest, but it isnt cheap

keep in mind that margin is about 60% on these cables so feel free to negotiate on those too :W

read the audioquest pdf as that has 20+ pages of everything you would ever care to know about wire theory... very nice wires :T

Comment

• Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

Edubble...................Thank you for posting. Before we go into any cable comparison and recommendations, I'd like to invite you to first read this this very important message. Just to get more aquainted with the Admins and Owners of this forum. :T

However, I will lock this thread for the time being.
      Last edited by Clive; 07 March 2006, 21:04 Tuesday.
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

looks like he's looking at the budget route Peter.

how much are you looking to spend, and what length? email me if you want. I even have some used AQ type 4 I could sell you if nothing else and let you terminate it yourself.

I'm the owner of the forum, the cable guy too.

Doug
        CATCables.com
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"