X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael A
    • Mar 2006

HT/Audio delema

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am new to this site and enjoy the posts. I have a delema with my audio/hometheater setup. For my main listening I have a Linn Kairn preamp, 3 LK-100 amps, active Linn Kaber speakers with aktiv box, a Ikemi cd player, and and LP-12 Sondek turntable.
    Since I am in the market to make a home theater/music system I have just bought a pair of Energy veritas 2.3i speakers for my front chanels and Energy veritas 2.2i for my rear surounds and the matching Energy veritas 2.0ci center chanel. I have also purchased a HSU VTF-3 mk2 subwoofer.
    At first I wanted to keep the Linn equipment and bought a Dennon-4306 HT reciever and a Dennon 2910 DVD Player to go with the Energy speaker and HSU subwoofer. But I have changed my mind and want to get rid of the Linn Kaber active speakers, and LK-100 amps and Kairn for a Dedicated HT/Music pre amp/power amp set up so that I will only have one system to enjoy both music and HT. I want to get rid of the Dennon-4306 HT reciever that haven't even opened. Any help or sugestions would be appriciated.

Thanks,..... Michael
    Last edited by Michael A; 06 March 2006, 03:55 Monday.
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Hi Michael, Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to ya!

The guys usually like to have a budget from the poster to help with suggestions. Could you throw up some numbers that we can work with?

Will help, Thanx!
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• locomk
      • Dec 2005

I have the energy veritas 2.4's and matching surrounds and center. I'm powering my fronts with the parasound A21 amp (250x2) and the rears and center with the parasound A23 (125x2) and it sounds great. Veritas demand good power to produce the bass they are known for.

Comment

• Michael A
        • Mar 2006

Thanks Clive for the welcome, and the reply. Also thanks to Locomk for the suggestion. I have been looking at Rotel and Anthem gear for the last two weeks now and havent really come to a conclution. Are you two or anybody else using or have similar equipment?

Comment

• locomk
          • Dec 2005

I have a yamha rxv-3300 integrated receiver. for two years i was powering my v2.4's with my yamaha (130 wpc) and in a small room (11x14). I still have my v2.4's in the same room but i now amplify the veritas with parasound amps, i'm still using the rxv-3300 as a preamp. just by changing from the 3300 for power to the parasound, the sound changed dramatically. since I live in a apartment building, I cant play my Music/theater too loud, but even at a low volume, i notice the improvement of sound quality at a moderate volume level using parasound amps. my line conditioner/surge protector (Monster MPHTS3600) displays the amount of current your drawing from the wall. when my yamaha was on i was drawing about 2/10 of a amp of current. with the same volume, my parasound amp took about 1.5 amps of power. as the volume was increased, the parasound needed more and more while the yamaha capped out at about .5 amps. What i'm getting too, is wattage is not the only thing only speakers need. Most integrated Amplifiers talk about how much wattage they put out, but this is often peak power (the most wattage the amp can send out ) and peak can defined as a split second. Good speakers need consistent current and wattage for decent listeing, and unfortunatatly integrated receivers such as the denon Avr-4306 , may have the wattage, but not the current to [power your veritas v2.3s at their best.

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Very amply put Locomk. To sum it up go separates you won't go back. I was a previous Yami owner, went to a separate amp, and noticed sonic improvment, then went totally separates. Rotel provides great bang for the buck. I've heard (not literally) that the new Parasound gear is a hoot. Best thing to do is to go listen, different gear has different acoustical tones. Listen for yourself, everyone's ear is different, but in the end, it's your ear that counts the most.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Funny... I haven't heard my Parasound Halo gear giving off a "hoot" sound. Looks like I need some more time in the theater, and take the wax out of my ears. :T
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

I like that parasound pre pro the one with the nice lcd screen ...unfortunately i dont think i'll have that kind of money to spend on one anytime soon lol

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

You refer to the Parasound C1. Here's pictures of mine in my equipment rack.

The center bay of the rack. From top to bottom:

Parasound Halo C1 pre-amp/processor
                  Parasound Halo A51 5-channel amplifier
                  Parasound Halo A21 2-channel amplifier
                  inbetween components are Parasound 1u rack mount vents matching the Halo pieces

A larger view of my equipment alcove. It's on the left side of my theater.

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

yea that'd be the one...thanks for reminding me again lol....it really is nice looking though granted that doesnt matter when it comes to ht so much lol but im sure it sounds amazing as well

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"