X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael A
    • Mar 2006

HT/Audio System Delema!

Hello, I am new to this site and enjoy the posts. I have a delema with my audio/hometheater setup. For my main listening I have a Linn Kairn preamp, 3 LK-100 amps, active Linn Kaber speakers with aktiv box, a Ikemi cd player, and and LP-12 Sondek turntable.
    Since I am in the market to make a home theater/music system I have just bought a pair of Energy veritas 2.3i speakers for my front chanels and Energy veritas 2.2i for my rear surounds and the matching Energy veritas 2.0ci center chanel. I have also purchased a HSU VTF-3 mk2 subwoofer.
    At first I wanted to keep the Linn equipment and bought a Dennon-4306 HT reciever and a Dennon 2910 DVD Player to go with the Energy speaker and HSU subwoofer. But I have changed my mind and want to get rid of the Linn Kaber active speakers, and LK-100 amps and Kairn for a Dedicated HT/Music pre amp/power amp set up so that I will only have one system to enjoy both music and HT. I want to get rid of the Dennon-4306 HT reciever that haven't even opened. Any help or sugestions would be appriciated.

Thanks,..... Michael
    Last edited by Michael A; 06 March 2006, 03:53 Monday.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Are you able to return for refund or exchange the 4306 still?

I'd likely go seperates though if it was my money, however now isn't the best time to buy a pre/pro with HD-DVD/BluRay, HDMI 1.3 and the new HD ausio formats coming down the line.

But I'd stay with seperate amps (your current Linn's or otherwise). You may also be able to keep your 2-ch gear (minus the speakers) and just use it in bypass with the HT gear as well
    Jason

Comment

• Michael A
      • Mar 2006

Jason, thank for the reply, I'm working on returning the 4306, I bought it from crutchfield and they are giving me a realy hard time about it, and I have told them over and over that I never even opened it. By the way I see that you are running Rotel pre/power. I was wondering how or what you thought about the Anthem gear?

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

From the Crutchfield website

30-day Money-Back Guarantee
        with Free Return Shipping

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
        You can return any product within 30 days of receiving it. Just make sure it's in like-new condition, pack it all (remote, manual, etc.) securely in the original packaging, and call us for a Return Authorization number.

We'll gladly exchange it or give you a refund for the full amount of the merchandise (not including original shipping) — whichever you prefer.

FREE Return Shipping
        Your satisfaction is so important to us, we'll even pay if you decide to send a product back! Return an item for an exchange or refund (your choice) during your evaluation period, and we'll cover the cost of return shipping.*

*Items delivered via Large Item Special Shipping are excluded from this offer, but there is no charge for returning damaged or defective products regardless of size.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Michael A
          • Mar 2006

The problem being that it is 60 days over the evaluation period, but still un-opened. This amp was released for sale in november 2005.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Yeah I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but I don't know if you're going to have much luck returning it unless you get someone in a REALLY generous mood....

As for Anthem gear, they make good stuff :T My suggestion would be to listen to, read reviews on and compare features of numerous brands/models in your price range.
            Jason

Comment

• Michael A
              • Mar 2006

As luck would have it I am able to return the Denon 4306 for a full refund. This was tremedous! I was looking at the Anthem amps and heard the mca50 very nice and also heard the Rotel rmb1095 also a nice sounding amp. I have read the reviews on the Anthem and am leaning twords the A5 statement. It anyone out there has one or has heard it I would love to hear your opinion.
              Last edited by Michael A; 08 March 2006, 23:34 Wednesday.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Glad you're able to return it :T
                Jason

Comment

• Michael A
                  • Mar 2006

Thanks Jason.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"