X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

Energy Veritas 2.2 and Rotel

I currently have the RSP-1066/RB-1075 combo. I'm interested in possibly upgrading my current speakers (Axiom Audio M22ti) with some Energy Veritas 2.2 bookshelves.

Does anyone here have these speakers? Is the RB-1075 enough for the Veritas? Should I look into buying a RB-1080 amp for them?

Thanks!

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
    All Daredevil, All the Time!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I don't own the Veritas, but they have a rated sensitivity of 89 decibels @ one meter. A lot will depend on factors like the size of the room, room accoustics, and how loud you like to listen to things etc, but you should be fine, unless you like blasting the thing at ear damaging levels.

Your Rotel is rated at 120 watts, but they're good honest watts, not the exaggerated claims some receivers put out. Most of the time, you'll probably be using under 10 watts a channel.

If you like the speakers over your current ones a lot, I'd say go for it.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

I've heard the Energy's and they are a wonderful product. Since I haven't heard the Axioms, I can't directly compare. If you were just asking about the Energy's, without the Axiom replacement variable, I'd say go for it. The Rotel stuff should make them really sing.

You might want to post this in the Audio Hideout, since it's more of a speaker question, and not so much a ROTEL question. You ight find other members who can expand on the Axiom->Energy question, regardless of what they are driving them with.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• spiffnme
        • Apr 2003

Thanks for the advice. I'll cross post the message as well.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
        All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"