X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musiccity
    • Feb 2006

Integra DTR 9.1 Problem -- need help

I think my installer has been feeding me BS about my receiver. I complained that it produces almost inaudible sound until it is cranked 1/3 of max, and doesn't reach the type of volume you'd normally use for DVD or CD until it is 2/3 to 3/4 of max. Installer said it might have to do with my room. The speakers are relatively efficient JM Lab Chorus. I finally a/b tested it with the same speakers driven by my old Luxman 70wpc receiver. Literally twice the sound at each volume setting. The 9.1 receiver has multiple volume controls for each speaker and I've tinkered with those and reset to factory defaults just in case something was haywire deep in the setup menu. The sound is still muffled. I've doubled checked connections, you name it. Anybody got any ideas as to what may be going on here? Any reason why a state-of-the-art 130 wpc receiver would produce far less sound from the same speakers than a 70 wpc receiver from the 1980's?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

First, I would check your speaker levels (test tones).

Have the speakers been calibrated properly, either by auto-calibration methods, or a SPL meter?

Secondly, check you manual particularly the trouble-shooting guide for suggestions or possible solutions.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke

Comment

• musiccity
      • Feb 2006

Did run calibration on the speakers

at least if you're referring to the white noise that is used to balance out the system. In the Integra, that is transmitted at a prest level from which you can adjust within a range. I have the levels set at factory default now. I COULD goose it up a bit by maxxing out each setting, but that didn't seem that it could be the right answer/ I have not done a dB test myself, although I guess I may have to resort to that next since I just can't believe these things are putting out 88 or so dB.

Comment

• musiccity
        • Feb 2006

Solved!!

Reset (for some reason) is not resetting everything to defaults. Found the culprit setting and fixed it. Still wondering how to get even with my installer....
        Last edited by Azeke; 14 February 2006, 09:32 Tuesday.

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

That's wonderful news.

I would just let the installer know that there was an issue and that you resolved it, (diplomatically of course 8) ). If you inform him of the resolution, maybe it can save other individuals some frustration. Don't let him steal your joy .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"