X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizedean
    • May 2006

Integra DTR 7.6 vs Harmon Kardon AVR 435

I am in the process of buying a new home theater system. I have decided on a Pioneer Elite Pro 930 HD as my TV. I am going to use B&W 600 series S3 speakers. I need to decide on a reciever. I have been touted on 2 different products.
    The B&W salesperson is pushing an Integra DTR 7.6 versus a good friend who is singing the praises of Harmon Kardon AVR 435.
    The HK is less money and seems to be coming down in price (I m not against saving money).
    I have read that the DTR 7.6 does not convert composite, S-video or component video to HDMI. Which is inconvenient at best.
    I have also heard the HK AVR 435 does not function properly in surround sound unless you are operating in 7.1 ( I am planning to get started in 5.1).
    I am a novice and am not sure which of these issues is really important.
    I do listen to alot of 2 channel audio also. Can anyone help me straighten out my confusion?
  • Bob Jackson
    • Jan 2006

dizedean, I have no personal knowledge of the Integra. I have a HK AVR 525 7.1. I am puzzled by the automatic surround mode choice made by the unit sometimes. I removed the two front channel speakers, and am using the side surrounds as the front/mains. Still using the center. Since this was done, I can no longer switch from the dozen or so surround modes, it picks them for me depending on the source input. Don't know if this is due to "loosing" a couple speakers, or a 'button push' at some point that day when I was playing around?? I've also never found a way to get 2 channel, it always includes the center.
    Other than doing too much thinking for you, it is a fantastic machine. Good quality sound. Highly recommend HK!

Bob

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"