X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guyk
    • Jan 2006

B&W speaker matching

I recently purchased a set of used DM602 S3's. These will be the fronts for my home theatre system. I have a chance to purchase a LCR 6 S2. I would use this for the center channel. From reviewing the specs. I see very little difference between this speaker and the LCR600 S3. Does anyone have any comments on using the S2 with my fronts?
    Thank You
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

The S2 has a different sound to it than the S3 does. In my opion, since the Center channel is one of the most important speakers in your home theater, it's better to take the matching LCR600 S3 as it will more closely timbre match with the DM602 S3s.

I have the 602s S3s and 604s S3s with my LCR600 S3 and while you can hear it's slight weakness compared to the 602s or 604s, it really does a pretty darn good job making one seemless front sound stage.

Can you possibly grab another 602? That would be the best if you would have the room for it.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Clive
      Former Moderator
      • Jan 2002

Hi GuyK welcome to the Guide and thanks for stopping by "The Starting Block"

You may also try posting some of your querries with the fellas at "Club B&W". You may get some more insight from the Gurus there too :T
      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• SlikRX
        • Jan 2006

Another option

One other thing to look at, depending on your rooms size; try the LCR 60 S3. It works seemlessly with my 602 S3s. My room is 13x17, but I'm only 7 feet away. (and has uncovered plaster walls, hard wood floor)

If you have a larger room, it might not work quite so well...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"