X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P1et
    • Jan 2006

*My new DM602 S3s*

Fellow B&W Fans,

I picked up my new B&W DM602 S3s today. It was a gift from my wife for my birthday! Since I don't think we have enough pictures in this forum, I decided to take quite a few!

The stands are B&W STAV20s. Fit perfectly!

Enjoy!

P1et

• Alex999
    • Jun 2006

Very nice pics. Enjoy :T

p.s.you need a new plasma or LCD TV :P

Comment

• lobato
      • Jun 2006

That looks great!

I'm also a new owner of 602s. I got my speakers about three weeks ago -- but I haven't gotten a receiver yet! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!! It's killing me seeing my 602s in all their glory in my living room but not being able to use them at all! (The reason is that I've been waiting for the Onkyo TX604 to come out and the release date is tomorrow! :P )

Comment

• marano
        • May 2006

Nice Pics P1et. What are you using for the rears?

Comment

• P1et
          • Jan 2006

Alex999 - And don't I know it! I'm looking at the Pioneer Elite range, I've been very impressed!

Marano - I was using a pair for Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s as my fronts before, so I'm swinging those the back. As you can see, I haven't done my speaker cabling yet as I'm just running some that I had laying around. The 602s will be bi-wired today after I'm done cutting the wires. More pics will be posted then, and I'll let you guys know if they sound any better that way...

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

The Home Theater Store in Austin? If so, did you have to barter hard for a discount? Getting a discount in Houston canbe difficult at times. Looks great.

Comment

• beehive
              • May 2005

Reminded me of my excitement over the same puppies a year ago!
              I should have taken some pictures too...

Started breakin in? Await a time with patience, they will sing their best after a month or two, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED! :T

what is your driver?

Comment

• P1et
                • Jan 2006

Miner - I didn't barter whatsoever for a discount, I think the price is right on these. I bought from the same guy who sold me my previous set of DM602 S3s and my recent LCR60. Hopefully he'll keep me in mind whenever I buy my 800 series with Classe amps!!! That's when I'll really need the discount...

Beehive - I've been running them for a few hours already, some jungle / drum n bass tracks. I choose these because they have very good alternating high and low frequencies.

My driver is a Denon AVR-1905 and I'm surprised how extremely well it's performing!

Comment

• nikos
                  • Dec 2005

I love the 600 series as its bass friendly... I use mine for stricktly electronic music other than HT...
                  Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• P1et
                    • Jan 2006

So I hooked up the DM602 S3s with my Monster Cable Z2 Biwire.

Frankly, it didn't sound very good. The highs were overexposed and the lows were lacking. I didn't like it as much as I had it before, and that was connected with the cheapest Monster Cables out there. Maybe I don't like the sound of bi-wired speakers?

So, the search goes on for some new speaker cables. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

P1et

Comment

• nikos
                      • Dec 2005

Monster...havent you learned to be scared of Monsters

Everyone or mostly everyone would have pointed you away from anything Monster....

Cat cables have only had rave reviews on this forum... on top of that they are a sponsor, so a link should be found easily on the top or bottom of the page.

Speaker cables are a very sensitive topic on the forum and in the rules you'll find details of what is ok or not ok to mention...

hope this helps.

Nikos
                      Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• rping
                        • Jul 2006

P1et,
                        If you are looking for some new speaker cables, I would suggest making some of your own. You can keep the price down and make them in custom lengths.
                        I have some Canare 4s11 cables(4 wires in one sleeve). I ordered it from Markertek.com at $0.69 per foot, it is hard to beat, and it sounds great. You can give it a professional look by putting some techflex braided sleeve over it. If you don't want to make the cables yourself you can get them from bluejeanscable.com or heartlandcables.com. This is great stuff that you would pay over $200 dollars for if you bought it from a boutique cable maker.
                        Also, you might want to buy some spades or banana plugs to connect it to the speaker. You will get a better connection, and you won't have to worry about the cable falling apart. Radioshack is selling monster cable gold plated spades for $4.97 for a set of 4 (original price was $20).

If it was me, I would buy some spades and put them on the cable I have now. I would also say wait a month for the speakers to break in, the sound will change gradually until they have been played for quite a few hours. By then, you may not want to buy new speaker cable.

Hope this Helps

Rich
                        Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX
                        B&W 601 S2 front
                        B&W LCR6 S2 Center
                        B&W 302 rear
                        CVT-300s Sub

Comment

• B&W 700 Guy
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by P1et
                          So I hooked up the DM602 S3s with my Monster Cable Z2 Biwire.

Frankly, it didn't sound very good. The highs were overexposed and the lows were lacking. I didn't like it as much as I had it before, and that was connected with the cheapest Monster Cables out there. Maybe I don't like the sound of bi-wired speakers?

So, the search goes on for some new speaker cables. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

P1et
                          p1et,

It will take 2-4 weeks before the Kevlar is broken in. Don't make any decisions on speaker cables, your speakers or anything else before the cones work in. 700 and 800 have the same issue.

Comment

• Minivan
                            • Jan 2005

Nice pics of your 602's. Can I ask what you are using to place the centre speaker on the TV? My TV slopes back so the centre speaker would slide backwards.

Any recommendations?

cheers,

Minivan
                            ----------------------------------
                            Rotel RSX-1056, B&W 805S front, HTM4S centre, DS8S surround, REL Q201E sub

Comment

• P1et
                              • Jan 2006

Thanks! I'm using the OmniMount Center Channel Speaker Shelf. I think that Audio Advisor sells it, but I just ran down to my local Circuit City for instant gratification.

This picture was taken at my old apartment. It's not the cleanest of all installs, but it works perfectly and that heavy LCR60 isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• JudyLou
                                • Apr 2006

My new DM602 S3s*

Originally posted by B&W 700 Guy
                                p1et,

It will take 2-4 weeks before the Kevlar is broken in. Don't make any decisions on speaker cables, your speakers or anything else before the cones work in. 700 and 800 have the same issue.
                                I agree - give your speakers time. Another thing, when you start going bi-wire and beter cable roete, one tent to think bass are lacking, but thats because one's getting better seperation and the sound is more focused. Save mony and add a good sub.

Comment

• JudyLou
                                  • Apr 2006

My new DM602 S3s*

Originally posted by P1et
                                  Thanks! I'm using the OmniMount Center Channel Speaker Shelf. I think that Audio Advisor sells it, but I just ran down to my local Circuit City for instant gratification.

This picture was taken at my old apartment. It's not the cleanest of all installs, but it works perfectly and that heavy LCR60 isn't going anywhere.
                                  Do yourself a favour and put rubber feet on the LRC60 - that will get rid of some resonance your going to get from the grid.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2004

Nice setup!
                                    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• WI Rotel
                                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by nikos
                                      Monster...havent you learned to be scared of Monsters

Everyone or mostly everyone would have pointed you away from anything Monster....

Cat cables have only had rave reviews on this forum... on top of that they are a sponsor, so a link should be found easily on the top or bottom of the page.

Speaker cables are a very sensitive topic on the forum and in the rules you'll find details of what is ok or not ok to mention...

hope this helps.

Nikos
                                      This is a laughable statement. Monster was the one who invented the high bandwidth cable in the 80's. They were the guys to popularize the fact that a bigger fatter cable led to better sound! It wasn't a great discovery then either its something that has been known since probably Edison or before. They simply used a VERY fat multi strand wire that simply wasn't available for those purposes before. The physics hasn't changed, thus unless you are using a cryogenically cooled superconductor it doesnt get much simpler than the more conductor you have the better it works. So there are no big mysteries the fatter, the better (as in other things too :twisted: ) it doesnt matter who makes it.

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"